Weather forecast for Wales???

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Sleedale
80-90 Mem No: 11478

Weather forecast for Wales???

Post by Sleedale »

Hi all, we are planning on leaving snowy, wet, grey North Yorkshire for the (hopefully) sunnier climes of Tenby for a week, going Wednesday this week, to Wednesday next week, and I was hoping one of you lovely peeps from that neck of the woods might have an idea what weather might be in store for us? That is assuming the clonking noise doesn't reappear on the van between now and then, in which case it will be a week holiday at home! Some really good news would be appreciated folks, it's blummin horrid up here and I'm heading off to see my son, not seen him for lots of months so it'd be nice to get there.
Oh, and just in case Victor decides to clonk while we are there, anyone recommend a good VW type garage place (just in case :shock: )
Sue
1985 1.9 DG petrol, 4 speed, wasserboxer, Cavalier Coachman Classic

chuckle-bus-tom
80-90 Mem No: 4368

Re: Weather forecast for Wales???

Post by chuckle-bus-tom »

The weather forecast for Wales is SMUG for the foreseeable future :evil:

Have a good trip

keith
80-90 Mem No: 5169

Post by keith »

were doing a world tour of Wales in 2 weeks....hope its at least 15 degrees warmer by then.
1989 Westfalia Joker TDi
Discovery 5

Couple of motor bikes

Sleedale

Post by Sleedale »

keith wrote:were doing a world tour of Wales in 2 weeks....hope its at least 15 degrees warmer by then.

If it is I may have to scream and scream until I'm sick :evil:
Sue

keith

Post by keith »

where are you going ?
1989 Westfalia Joker TDi
Discovery 5

Couple of motor bikes

Sleedale

Post by Sleedale »

keith wrote:where are you going ?

Off to Tenby, via a stopover Wednesday night near Welshpool. Thought we would split the journey, we have two dogs and as it's supposed to be a holiday, not rushing. Hope to make it to Tenby on Thursday, still want a heads up on the weather, metcheck says Thursday/Friday rubbish, rain and windy, very windy, but sat, sun & mon so far look not bad - not tropical, but perhaps dry and some sun.

We haven't had the van that long, last August, and it's been fine, but we have had a random knocking from rear n/s. two garages, two mechanics can't find out what, but latest one did find a cable clip wedged up behind the wheel and brakes etc and said wheel bearing/cv joints seemed ok. I blummin well hope so.

Ah well, an adventure awaits. Can't wait to escape the blummin horrid snow/slush and muck up here. It looks sweet, but very wet, cold and grim.
Sue

keith

Post by keith »

Sounds good....hope it goes well and that the sun shines on you.
1989 Westfalia Joker TDi
Discovery 5

Couple of motor bikes

DarkPoet
80-90 Mem No: 9043

Post by DarkPoet »

My dear old foul-mouthed grandad used to say that "them that moan about f-in rain only do it cos they're usually f-in dry. You won't melt". Still not quite sure what he meant but I'm saying it now to mine (minus the f-in)

If you find any sun, leave a bit at Shell Island for Easter :ok
********************************************************************************************************************

http://www.rnli.org.uk/how_to_support_us/donate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.mybusandme.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ralf85
80-90 Mem No: 4418
Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine

Post by Ralf85 »

It's Wales so it's normally wet!
:wink:

T'Onion
80-90 Mem No: 255

Post by T'Onion »

keith wrote:were doing a world tour of Wales in 2 weeks....hope its at least 15 degrees warmer by then.

where you starting/finishing Keith?
victus in mutuo vicis
Ego mori tu mori

Sleedale

Post by Sleedale »

Well, got all happy, ready for off tomorrow, but decided to take Victor out for a decent run as he has only had short, short trips recently. Just to check if all is ok - well it isn't! The knocking noise returned once everything had warmed up nicely :cry: so, quick call to van doctor who made several phone calls for bits and Victor is going back in on Thursday, hopefully to be rid of the dreaded knocking noise for ever. We did debate taking the tent and gear and going anyway, but we sort of need to do this, and become more confident with the van. So, holiday delayed, we have to face more s*** ŵeather up in the frozen north and hopefully will make Tenby on Friday. Is getting very grey and dark up here now, blummin weather, makes me want to hibernate. :cry:
Sue

keith

Post by keith »

T'Onion wrote:

Hi Mark

Were off on the Friday...29 th i think ?...after work and have bbooked into a pub site somewhere between hereford and monmouth....
Then we plan to spend some time in the brecon beacons....maybe even try some wild camping :roll:

Then over to the coast...llyn / gower area ....not sure where...plan is to discover some of the beaches.

Then across to cardigan bay?...and then back up the coast to north wales before heading back home on the saturday...

Any tips suggestions gladly received.
1989 Westfalia Joker TDi
Discovery 5

Couple of motor bikes

lefty67
80-90 Mem No: 11783

Post by lefty67 »

keith wrote:
T'Onion wrote:

Hi Mark

Were off on the Friday...29 th i think ?...after work and have bbooked into a pub site somewhere between hereford and monmouth....
Then we plan to spend some time in the brecon beacons....maybe even try some wild camping :roll:

Then over to the coast...llyn / gower area ....not sure where...plan is to discover some of the beaches.

Then across to cardigan bay?...and then back up the coast to north wales before heading back home on the saturday...

Any tips suggestions gladly received.

Hi Keith
if you go to the llyn peninsula would definately check out Uwchmynynd, campsite at top of the lane. Porth Ysgaden, wild camp overlooking the sea. Porth Iago, not campsite but farmer charges £8 for 24hr parking. Porth Ysgo, wild camp on small car park.
Beaches include Porth Oer (whistling sands), Hells Beach, Nefyn. Then seaside resorts like Aberdaron, Abersoch, Pwhelli
Lots of other small coves, beaches etc if you need a few more
ps take a spinning rod :pimp
1.9td AAZ

T25 - an adventure before dementia

keith

Post by keith »

Nice one....thanks for the tips. I will look them up when ive finished at my IT conference.... :roll:

As for the spinning rod....its standard kit and never leaves the van.....although i suspect the sea temp wont be conducive....

Cheers
1989 Westfalia Joker TDi
Discovery 5

Couple of motor bikes

T'Onion
80-90 Mem No: 255

Post by T'Onion »

Theres loads to go at Keith , we did a wee bit after leave the campsite in gower last year .
This year its a start at camperfest at Chester , then maybe onto Anglesey and then maybe a wee trip in land .

enjoy ya sens :pimp
victus in mutuo vicis
Ego mori tu mori