uk to greece

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

shoey bracken
80-90 Mem No: 11737

uk to greece

Post by shoey bracken »

hi all im travelling to greece by 2.0l cu air cooled camper 6 weeks in total 1 week there 4 weeks with family 1week back. i need best route for ferries from brindisi in italy to main land greece and then onto zakinthos.has anyone done something simlar, any places of intrest,anywhere to avoid any help ,info would be great. thanks shoey
HERE TODAY, THERE TOMORROW AND EVERYWHERE THE DAY AFTER you dont need money where im going ,you just need it to get you there

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Re: uk to greece

Post by AdrianC »

shoey bracken wrote:hi all im travelling to greece by 2.0l cu air cooled camper 6 weeks in total 1 week there 4 weeks with family 1week back. i need best route for ferries from brindisi in italy to main land greece and then onto zakinthos.has anyone done something simlar, any places of intrest,anywhere to avoid any help ,info would be great. thanks shoey

Years ago we went Venice-Igoumenitsa. Long, but so's the drive through Italy if you're just wanting to get there.
http://www.directferries.co.uk/ferries_ ... greece.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or just go overland the whole way? Slovenia - Croatia - Montenegro - Albania down the Adriatic, or Hungary - Romania - Bulgaria down the Black Sea. Don't believe all the Daily Wail hype about Eastern Europeans - we didn't meet any but the very best of people.
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

what sort of milage would that be
mm

shoey bracken

Post by shoey bracken »

metalmick8y wrote:what sort of milage would that be
mm
5000miles or so return going through brindisi 4000 miles 200miles by sea
HERE TODAY, THERE TOMORROW AND EVERYWHERE THE DAY AFTER you dont need money where im going ,you just need it to get you there

shoey bracken

Post by shoey bracken »

AdrianC wrote:
shoey bracken wrote:hi all im travelling to greece by 2.0l cu air cooled camper 6 weeks in total 1 week there 4 weeks with family 1week back. i need best route for ferries from brindisi in italy to main land greece and then onto zakinthos.has anyone done something simlar, any places of intrest,anywhere to avoid any help ,info would be great. thanks shoey

Years ago we went Venice-Igoumenitsa. Long, but so's the drive through Italy if you're just wanting to get there.
http://www.directferries.co.uk/ferries_ ... greece.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or just go overland the whole way? Slovenia - Croatia - Montenegro - Albania down the Adriatic, or Hungary - Romania - Bulgaria down the Black Sea. Don't believe all the Daily Wail hype about Eastern Europeans - we didn't meet any but the very best of people.
hi read your blog few weeks ago messaged you after i read it it made good reading and as help a lot.my cousins have done the romanian run a few times no probs they do it 4 or 5 days we have now allowed 10 days there and 10days back that gives us 3 weeks with family.we normally fly there in a few hours but come up with the idea to drive before christmas so we bought the t3 for adventure. we are having good fun planning it, but have no plan really just 6 weeks time limit.thanks for your help will take on board,still fancy italy. was going to go bulgaria to meet cousins on way dont know yet wife doesnt fancy 180 miles ferry crossing in darkness some sort of fo :lol: bia

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

hmmm the wife.... I would start with blindfolding her for short trips round town (not many tunnels in leeds) and gradually build this up to 4hrs and then all day , this will sensitise her to the joys of night travel on a ferry
mm :rofl
only other thing i would say is get that van well serviced and the engine set up nicely and take loads of picks and log the lot daily
enjoy

shoey bracken

Post by shoey bracken »

metalmick8y wrote:hmmm the wife.... I would start with blindfolding her for short trips round town (not many tunnels in leeds) and gradually build this up to 4hrs and then all day , this will sensitise her to the joys of night travel on a ferry
mm :rofl
only other thing i would say is get that van well serviced and the engine set up nicely and take loads of picks and log the lot daily
enjoy
well ive got her across the channel , well under it on a train.looks like im going through bulgaria, no chance of getting her on brindisi ferry ,just small crossing in to corfu to visit my mother and then back to main land, then small ferry crossing to zakynthos to vist her mum. we will be flying in again this year planning trip next year with well serviced bus big fuel bucks. spending this year traveling uk and learning how to fix things what go wrong.we have a good motor whats done 20000 miles if it makes a difference.thanks for advice it might be good to gag her as well as blind fold, she does a bit moaning about my driving and can sometimes cause me to near crash :lol: