isle of white

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jim potter
80-90 Mem No: 10094

isle of white

Post by jim potter »

ok so we a planning a trip here for 2013, my wife would like to find a holiday cottage /appartment that we can stay in , there are two adults and two kids 5 and 2 .. we will then use the camper for day trips ..

any ideas on places to stay , or does anyone on here have a place they rent out ?

jim
Gti caravelle gl.

fullsunian
80-90 Mem No: 5092

Re: isle of white

Post by fullsunian »

jim potter wrote:ok so we a planning a trip here for 2013, my wife would like to find a holiday cottage /appartment that we can stay in , there are two adults and two kids 5 and 2 .. we will then use the camper for day trips ..

any ideas on places to stay , or does anyone on here have a place they rent out ?

jim

Try a holiday cottage forum :rofl ....you have the best cottage on the island :wink: Joking apart we could also do with some top tips on the Isle of White (including campsites), as its somewhere on my list for 2013 :ok
Mmm what's that strange smell from my exhaust...

Nij
80-90 Mem No: 10199

Post by Nij »

Been a few years since we stayed on IOW - loved it. A week wasnt long enough thats for sure.

There are loads of campsites, tho we stayed in a 'chalet' at Whitcliffe bay holiday park (they also have camping facilities

scar
80-90 Mem No: 11855

Post by scar »

thats the one i was thinking of
theres one that looks nice on the cliff tops going down passed bembridge into brighstone on the military road next to the pearl centre,never been there myself but passed many a time when having a tour round the island on my lambretta once a year

jim potter
80-90 Mem No: 10094

Post by jim potter »

yeah i no about other forums :D reson i asked was that i no someone on here has one that they rent out .
and i dont mind supporting a club member .

we have looked at whitecliff , but i think we ma have found a holiday home now , that suits our needs .

a return trip camping later in the year may well be a possibility .
Gti caravelle gl.

islandboy
80-90 Mem No: 10711

Post by islandboy »

scar wrote:thats the one i was thinking of
theres one that looks nice on the cliff tops going down passed bembridge into brighstone on the military road next to the pearl centre,never been there myself but passed many a time when having a tour round the island on my lambretta once a year

That might be Chine Farm site. Very friendly and good prices.
http://www.chine-farm.co.uk/

Or Grange Farm, they have holiday cottages and camper facilities.
http://www.grangefarmholidays.com/
1987 DG 1900 petrol plus Yamaha Midnight Star and Yamaha Virago and !979 Vespa P125X

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

Went grange farm the year before last. Very nice and it's worth a short stroll to see the old holiday camp nearby that's slowly falling into the sea......eerie

Graham81
80-90 Mem No: 10172

Post by Graham81 »

Cant help myself, must correct, its Isle of Wight.. not white!...........there, I feel better now lol
Bit bleak out there on the military road, literally in the middle of nowhere, but if you like that kind of thing then :ok
1986 Auto-sleeper 1.9 dg, also have a Revo mapped mk4 Golf gt TDI PD115.