NYE 2012 Dorset beach site reccoms:

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Daffy
80-90 Mem No: 10921

NYE 2012 Dorset beach site reccoms:

Post by Daffy »

Thinking of a NYE camp out Dorset way and fancy starting the New Year as near to the beach as I can get. Does anyone have a spot/place they could recommend? Prefer if fires are permitted too but beachside camping is the No1- thanks in advance.
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter" Mark Twain

(1987 1.9 Diesel, Auto Sleeper)

thechubbsdub
80-90 Mem No: 6445

Re: NYE 2012 Dorset beach site reccoms:

Post by thechubbsdub »

If you are looking for a campsite beachside, I don't think you will find anything in dorset. The closest ones to the beach to my knowledge are Durdle door, Eype, Freshwater beach and West Bay. The last two are big holiday park type places and probably not what you have in mind, also all four of those would be closed at NYE. I think the nearest you will find is Hurst view near Lymington in Hampshire not dorset. It's open year round, allows fires, has hook ups and is as close to the water as you will find other than wild camping. If you are considering wild camping, there are some spots along chesil beach that might fit the bill.
Don't eat yellow snow.

http://www.helpinghandscambodia.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Daffy

Post by Daffy »

thechubbsdub wrote:If you are looking for a campsite beachside, I don't think you will find anything in dorset. The closest ones to the beach to my knowledge are Durdle door, Eype, Freshwater beach and West Bay. The last two are big holiday park type places and probably not what you have in mind, also all four of those would be closed at NYE. I think the nearest you will find is Hurst view near Lymington in Hampshire not dorset. It's open year round, allows fires, has hook ups and is as close to the water as you will find other than wild camping. If you are considering wild camping, there are some spots along chesil beach that might fit the bill.

:ok

Thanks for this, just the info i needed. I had a feeling that Hurst View may be our only option, I'll call them and find out what the deal is. Do you think other 80-90's may fancy it? Would you put something in members only to gauge interest?
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter" Mark Twain

jamesc76
80-90 Mem No: 1186

Post by jamesc76 »

Come to llangollen, stunning setting and big party!
DJ at Dubdayz Summerfest
Now cutting about in an LT35 MWB

Daffy

Post by Daffy »

jamesc76 wrote:Come to llangollen, stunning setting and big party!

Thanks, sounds great but unfortunately it's nearly 200 miles and 4+ hours away :-( - at that rate I'll be spending most of the NY on the road. :shock: I was hoping for something a tad closer for us Southern softies. Thanks anyway.

chriscburgess
80-90 Mem No: 4405

Post by chriscburgess »

try Golden Cap. 30m from beach and great old pub on the quay. lovely coast walks too snd not too big.
T25 1984 Westfalia pop 1.9DG

thechubbsdub

Post by thechubbsdub »

chriscburgess wrote:try Golden Cap. 30m from beach and great old pub on the quay. lovely coast walks too snd not too big.

Golden Cap closes in november Chris.

Daffy, I think it might be worth a go in club meets. Not sure if we can make it but there will be some that will. They only have a limited amount of hookups at hurst View, mainly along the left hand edge of the main field. I would give them a ring and talk to Wing first.
Don't eat yellow snow.

http://www.helpinghandscambodia.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chriscburgess
80-90 Mem No: 4405

Post by chriscburgess »

thechubbsdub wrote:
chriscburgess wrote:try Golden Cap. 30m from beach and great old pub on the quay. lovely coast walks too snd not too big.

Golden Cap closes in november Chris.

Daffy, I think it might be worth a go in club meets. Not sure if we can make it but there will be some that will. They only have a limited amount of hookups at hurst View, mainly along the left hand edge of the main field. I would give them a ring and talk to Wing first.

Ah Does it! must admit only been in thee summer. Another bit of useless advice i have given then.......
T25 1984 Westfalia pop 1.9DG

Daffy

Post by Daffy »

I've checked out Hurst view and put up a msg re New Year - thanks for yr help.

Chuggs82
80-90 Mem No: 10866

Post by Chuggs82 »

If you want to be near the water with your van go to weymouth and then make your way to camp road near value house which sells everything, they have pitches that look onto the sea and the fleet if you fancy a bit of fishing maybe, also good walks for dogs that go all the way to ferrybridge where you can walk to portland . The one at lymington when I stayed last year in a gale was not the best, :ok too open to the elements when the winds up and although you can light a fire etc the ground does hold a lot of water we went in a large group four units in all so we made the best of it , if we had been solo I think we would not have stuck it outfor the whole week.To be fair there are so many good sites in dorset you cant go wrong just a matter of booking in somewhere and then having a mooch around , good luck
1982 t3 1600D high top likes to go devon cornwall, with stu and lyn and kelpies bruce and mollie

thechubbsdub

Post by thechubbsdub »

Chuggs82 wrote:If you want to be near the water with your van go to weymouth and then make your way to camp road near value house which sells everything, they have pitches that look onto the sea and the fleet if you fancy a bit of fishing maybe, also good walks for dogs that go all the way to ferrybridge where you can walk to portland . The one at lymington when I stayed last year in a gale was not the best, :ok too open to the elements when the winds up and although you can light a fire etc the ground does hold a lot of water we went in a large group four units in all so we made the best of it , if we had been solo I think we would not have stuck it outfor the whole week.To be fair there are so many good sites in dorset you cant go wrong just a matter of booking in somewhere and then having a mooch around , good luck

Do you mean Pebble Bank Caravan Park? according to their website, they close from Nov to april.
Don't eat yellow snow.