Brittany Ferries Discounts

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

MaddyJ
80-90 Mem No: 7578

Brittany Ferries Discounts

Post by MaddyJ »

We are looking at travelling to St Malo during the summer holidays next year and camp for 10 days in Brittany. Has anyone managed to get discounts during this time? Also any tips particularly as we will be travelling with a dog :D

We are really excited about our first venture to France :ok
Many thanks
Alex
Alex (MaddyJ), Martin & Emma
Dudley our T25 2.1i Reimo......happy days

helga592
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Brittany Ferries Discounts

Post by helga592 »

We have been to Britany a couple of times now and the vet was no problem at all if you have some french it helps. Dont forget to make an appointment with the vet I don't think they work on sundays. The only thing we felt was embarisment because are connunication skills are so bad and most of the french peoples english was so good. Hope you have a lovely time.

P.S Just remembered rural france closes on sunday afternoons, good time to travel long distances no lorries on the road but the police don't have much to do ether.

Hope this helps :ok
1.9 watercooled hightop on LPG
Reliant ss1

Ralf85
80-90 Mem No: 4418
Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine

Post by Ralf85 »

Alex

Brittany Ferries are not known for their discounts unfortunately. They know that they have a captive British clientelle that just hops across to Normandy/Brittany and there is no competition on the crossings that they use. However around December/January if they are not selling enough tickets this year they may have to drop the cost. Worth waiting. I have not looked yet but the LD lines alternatives Newhaven to Dieppe may be a cheaper option granted it involves more driving at the other end, but the drive will be delightful I am sure. Oh and Dieppe old harbour is full of sea food restaurants. A great place to eat and you can park there too.
:)
Patrick (with my new tag - I'm invigorated!)

MaddyJ
80-90 Mem No: 7578

Post by MaddyJ »

Thank you for the replies.

That's a good point in reference to the ferry and booking, we were going to book in November but may hold off now :ok

Fortunately we have plenty of time to brush up on our French......... :shock: Particularly in relation to taking Jess to the vétérinaire :run
Alex (MaddyJ), Martin & Emma
Dudley our T25 2.1i Reimo......happy days