Speed advisory cameras

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Ralf85
80-90 Mem No: 4418
Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine

Speed advisory cameras

Post by Ralf85 »

There seems to have been an explosion of these advisory cameras in France this year. Really useful. They tell you what speed you are doing as you approach them and if you exceed the speed limit they turn red to warn you. So if you then get caught speeding just further down the road you can't really complain. Much kinder than speed cameras over here that are just used to punish motorists financially. They also confirmed that my speedometer is really accurate. Good stuff.
:)

dash
80-90 Mem No: 10042

Re: Speed advisory cameras

Post by dash »

You realise there's loads of these signs used in the UK right?

As for 'proving' the accuracy of your speedo, I'd wager that the regulations on calibration of the warning signs are considerably more relaxed than calibration of speed cameras, so I wouldn't really say it proves anything.

Ralf85
80-90 Mem No: 4418
Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine

Post by Ralf85 »

dash wrote:You realise there's loads of these signs used in the UK right?

As for 'proving' the accuracy of your speedo, I'd wager that the regulations on calibration of the warning signs are considerably more relaxed than calibration of speed cameras, so I wouldn't really say it proves anything.

Never seen any in the UK. As all of the cameras I passed agreed about my speed I am happy that my speedo is accurate enough for my needs.
:D

82JEW75
80-90 Mem No: 9673

Post by 82JEW75 »

You'll frequently (not always) find a real speed camera about half a kilometre after one of these, so if they tell you to slow down, it's a good idea to do so!