Camping nr Bath?

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ELSwervo
80-90 Mem No: 8479

Camping nr Bath?

Post by ELSwervo »

I need to find campsite or wild site near Bath University for just one Friday night. I am going with my Stepson to the open day at the Uni. travelling up the night before ensures an early start. Does anyone know of a good place?

mpl_gr
80-90 Mem No: 11237

Re: Camping nr Bath?

Post by mpl_gr »

Can't think of any sites off the top of my head but the A36 runs pretty much right past the uni and there are plenty of large lay-bys. There are a couple of nice small sites in Bradford on Avon a few miles up the road but can't think of the names, I will ask the wife when I see her later.

ELSwervo

Post by ELSwervo »

Thank you, in the meantime I will have a look online, and at a map! :)

mpl_gr
80-90 Mem No: 11237

Post by mpl_gr »

Ive just looked on line for the site we used to use in Bradford on Avon but can't find it and the wife is out all day shopping. :shock: If you google campsites in Bath or Bradford on Avon there are some nice looking sites and relatively cheap as well. There is a lot of woodland surrounding the Uni, I used to go wild camping there when I was a kid but I don't know what access would be like with a van.

ELSwervo

Post by ELSwervo »

I have found one called Newton Mill, its 4 miles away from the Uni and near the A36. Only £22 for pitch with electric. Ever heard of this one?

ELSwervo

Post by ELSwervo »

Newton Mill was one of only two anywhere near Bath. £20 was the electric pitch, nice site and a £2.40 bus ride from the City . If you are thinking of a trip in this area, it would be a good choice. Only there one night, but was impressed. Several Wedges on site too.

DaveandMarion
80-90 Mem No: 10366

Post by DaveandMarion »

Here you go - http://www.churchfarmcamping.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's just outside Winsley (about 5-10 mins away from the Uni). Last time I stayed there it was £5

ELSwervo

Post by ELSwervo »

DaveandMarion wrote:Here you go - http://www.churchfarmcamping.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's just outside Winsley (about 5-10 mins away from the Uni). Last time I stayed there it was £5

Thanks for that, looks nice, about the same price now. May very well try it out if the Boy goes for Bath as his Uni. :?: