day visits

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

weldore
80-90 Mem No: 5833

day visits

Post by weldore »

any chance we could get a list up of great places to spend the day?
i might be off into derbyshire today to take the dog for a run and maybe look for a pub to have a meal and wasnt thinking of going miles away
here looks a nice place http://www.derbyshireuk.net/ogston_reservoir.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ill let you know what it was like if you want
just noticed too ..it has a geocache trail :)
E D I T..this was waiting for us
Didn't actually go to the waters edge but the lovely scenery was more than enough

its a funny old place.we were just parked in a muddy layby on a hill side and while we were there having a cuppa quite a few other cars pulled in in front and behind us over say an hour ,and the inhabitants got out and walked off up the road and returned to their cars and drove off back the way they came.ive often seen people walking the roads as i have driven round derbyshire but i thought they might be on a really long hike..seems they just pull in somewhere and walk up a hill then come back down and drive off to the next hill :?
Last edited by weldore on 06 May 2012, 22:50, edited 3 times in total.
the word 'pissing' is safe

Dave and gail.....1983 Pop Top 1.9n/a diesel (aka Ready Steady Eddie)

evilnoodle
80-90 Mem No: 10633

Re: day visits

Post by evilnoodle »

Ribchester. Went there recently. There is a map for a town walk with all the history that takes you round notable buildings and explains the Roman history. 3 very nice pubs along the walk which do good food :ok

We stayed at Dale Hey Farm, which is listed in the info bit here...

http://www.aboutbritain.com/towns/ribchester.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
Jane :-)

LIVE YOUR DREAMS......................except for the one about being eaten by a giant spider!

clem
80-90 Mem No: 8432

Re: day visits

Post by clem »

always forget about "oggy" as we say here only 15 mins drive for me, carsington water is nice few campsites round there aswell, the sheep wash car park is ok, theres been a couple of stonemason's spent last few years carving animals into the stones dotted around the car park which makes it fun for the kids to try and find them all
82 Aircooled tintop (gone, never forgotten)
88 trident hightop for sale
07 bmw 118i
06 urban fox