lowering kit for a working van and which tyres

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

pimpdriver
80-90 Mem No: 2349

lowering kit for a working van and which tyres

Post by pimpdriver »

Hi,

I have a 1988 E reg turbo diesel panel van. I suppose it is one of the lightest T25s around to start with.

I use it for my work van, I am a handyman/plasterer type person, so the van usually has 100kg of bits in it to start with.

I occasionally carry 8 scaffold boards, plus trestles (150kg) and possibly 10-15 bags of plaster (250-350kg).

Would a lowering kit (such as sold by Brickwerks) mean I could carry the kind of loads as above, I don't know how much a fully kitted out camper weighs more than a panel van.

When it is lowered, would it look OK on the standard wheels, or would it look a bag of w*nk? At present it is the "rat look" which I have found out means it has a few scratches and dents.

At present I have Michelin XZX van tyres, 6 ply. I would like some new tyres, is it worth getting some 8 ply van tyres to carry the kind of loads I do, or just get some nice 16" Audi alloys (off my wife's A4!!!) with 205/55/R16 Conti tyres? If 8 ply van tyres, which ones are a combination of grip and wear?

Cheers,

Steve

jokerdub
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 70

Post by jokerdub »

Ive PM`d ya dude :wink:
DR Diagnostics & Repairs Tel 07779 391 574 or email thediagnosticsdoctor@aol.co.uk