Opinions please!

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

riffboy
80-90 Mem No: 0

Opinions please!

Post by riffboy »

Hi all i wanna lower my new bus but aint sure what springs etc to buy.

Has anyone used these??

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/type_25 ... egory/854/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would appreciate any opinions on these, cheers people
When the last ounce of truth has fled, nought is left but the sum of lies.............

eatcustard
80-90 Mem No: 6062

Re: Opinions please!

Post by eatcustard »

Go to

http://www.brickwerks.co.uk/index.php?o ... 1&Itemid=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

these are the best.

buy cheap, you will need to reploace in 2 years time
https://www.penguinjones.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; PM me for your 10% discount

chuckle-bus-tom
80-90 Mem No: 4368

Post by chuckle-bus-tom »

As I said on your introductory post, I have the JK springs on my van. They do the job but leave a bit more want in the ride quality. They also drop to more like -68mm on a loaded van as they are not so stiff. Now, I'm not super fussy and the ride is a million times better than standards, but it could end up costing you alot if you don't like em and end up going for AVOs from Brickwerks anyway.

riffboy

Post by riffboy »

Thanks a lot guys! Brickwerks it is then!!

Only concern i have is, wont the sliding door hit the wheel when its lowered?? If so what is the way round it??

Sorry for all the questions and i appreciate your comments :D
When the last ounce of truth has fled, nought is left but the sum of lies.............

gaz f
80-90 Mem No: 6697

Post by gaz f »

Lowering the van will have no effect on the sliding door to rear wheel gap. Only sticking on bigger wheels causes issues with this. :ok

big red bus
80-90 Mem No: 3421

Post by big red bus »

yep avo springs are so much better than jk. ride and handling are superb from the avo as not long fitted some -50mm and bilstein b4 shocks to my van. what a difference

covdubber

Post by covdubber »

my opinion is, JK springs are ok but the ride is too spongy!!!!!!! thye lower the bus but you have to hold on to the seat when you corner

i haveAVO 50mm from http://www.brickwerks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & on price/quality & ride they are spot on, not too hard, H&R springs area bittoo performance isprired but it depends what ya use the bus for! AVO are defo the all rounders for looks, ride, quality!

go on, you know it makes sence! i would recommend getting new shocks too, i have'nt replaced mine & they are the OE ones from the factory & thye are now errrrrrrrrrrr DUE! so i'll be looking at HD shocks soon-ish

vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Got the whole package from JK from a special bundle price am well pleased with the result.

riffboy

Post by riffboy »

Cool stuff guys!

Looks like im gonna just get the springs from brickwerks. The shocks on the van dont look like they are that old to be honest and they feel pretty solid.

Cheers for all the advice much appreciated!! :D :D

covdubber

Post by covdubber »

brickwerks! the right choice! JK has gone right down & i've only had 3 things from them & they've all be dubious in the quality department!

Eta-Beta

Post by Eta-Beta »

Avo rears are naff, really thin in comparison to quality H+r greens,
T25 Vanaru EJ25