Raising Suspension

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

RODEO
80-90 Mem No: 0

Raising Suspension

Post by RODEO »

Seen threads on raising the Syncro ,but anyone tried raising a 2wd bus?

jamesc76
80-90 Mem No: 1186

Re: Raising Suspension

Post by jamesc76 »

would have to ask why ???
DJ at Dubdayz Summerfest
Now cutting about in an LT35 MWB

ricicles
80-90 Mem No: 6350

Post by ricicles »

if its your bag have a look at the gowesty site. got to love the syncro look.but form over function??

lhd
80-90 Mem No: 1808

Post by lhd »

jamesc76 wrote:would have to ask why ???

Only thing I can think of is that it would be nice to be able to stand up under a roll out awning.
Even I can stand up under Jeds, and I'm a right lanky bast. :lol:
Rob.

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

RODEO wrote:Seen threads on raising the Syncro ,but anyone tried raising a 2wd bus?

Look on Syncro services website, they do lifting kits. These are spacers that sit on top of your springs really. The back ones are a right doddle to fit, the fronts take abit longer but not really hard to do. People seem to think that you need longer syncro springs to raise a 2wd van but the 2wd front springs are actually longer than the syncro ones anyway. A few of the syncro owners actually fit front 2wd spring to rase there vans and a couple of 25 or 30mm spacers to the rear. A cheap way of doing it as you can get standard front springs for nothing and cut some spacers yourself for free :mrgreen:
They work best on a lighter van (doka, Sika etc) and because they give more you would get slightly better articulation on a van with very little. And like Rob says you can stand under an awning :lol:

If I had a 2wd I would consider raising it just for the extra clearance when wild camping up gravely tracks and even fit some A/T tyres maybe. You could even get a syncro fuel filler cap (they are in a different place on a syncro) and use it for an ebber tank or your water tank :wink:

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

RODEO
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by RODEO »

Im a short a*** ,so the head height isnt a prob. :) just fancied a different look thats all! Havent looked closely at the area where the springs locate,but guess the spacers would need some sort of location to stop them popping out in extreme cases?
Rod