My Bus...

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

MALAM
80-90 Mem No: 2792

My Bus...

Post by MALAM »

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my most recent T3. It's a 1982 BusD, 2 owners from new- originally imported to the UK when new by a German who had come to live over here. Genuine mileage of just over 70k. Other than the addition of Mercedes 15" Steels and a CD Player, this bus is completely original and unmolested. All it's body panels are original and it has never ever seen a welder, and certainly doesn't need to. It was waxoiled heavily when it was new and it has really done it's job of protecting the shell from rotting away.

I've owned the bus for just over a month now, here are some pics I took when I went to view it (and leave my deposit) :wink:

Mint original interior..

Sadly the original row of seats are missing..

Super clean engine and bay..

Still fitted with it's original 1.6D CS Engine and 4 Speed Box. All of the original tinware is still fitted and is in excellent condition.

Original Import Documents;

Service books, MOTs and Every tax disc from 1982-2006 (when it was last on the road)

Brought it home a week later and started to clean it up as it had been in storage for the past 3 years. I bought it without tax and mot so set about cleaning the brakes up and checking everything over before booking it in for it's mot.

Started to machine polish the paintwork, got the rear of the van finished and the my mop died. Also polished the bumpers, cleaned the window seals, repainted the wiper arm and towbar..

Before

and after..

Removed the Mercedes Steels, Prep'd them and resprayed them satin black along with the front grilles, door handles, front wiper arms, upper rear vents etc Also fitted my roof bars

Booked it in for it's Mot and it failed on near side steering rack gaitor. Not bad considering the bus hadn't been used for 3 years! If fitted a new pair of rack gaitors fitted and took it back to the mot station to get my certificate :D

After three weeks of driving around, this happened;

Initially I thought the head gasket had gone or possibly something more major due to the amount of oil in the header tank, but someone over on brick-yard suggested that the oil cooler may have died a horrible death. Turned out he was right, so thanks again badger. I ordered a new oil cooler from my local VW parts supplier and after spending an entire day flushing the crappy diesel oil out of the cooling system, fitted it and drove off into the sunset.

Plans;
AVO 70mm and 17" Fuchs 8)
Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

ricicles
80-90 Mem No: 6350

Re: My Bus...

Post by ricicles »

peachy :ok

gaz f
80-90 Mem No: 6697

Post by gaz f »

Very nice looking bus. :ok

Titus A Duxass
80-90 Mem No: 4475

Post by Titus A Duxass »

That's a great colour scheme.
Nice bus.
VW T3 GTi Camper 2,0l

MALAM
80-90 Mem No: 2792

Post by MALAM »

Cheers :P
Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

texasuk
80-90 Mem No: 7673

Post by texasuk »

Be interested to see what the Fuchs look like and any problems you have, as I was planning the same for mine. I'll put some picks of it up as it is at the moment in another thread.

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

Nice bus.

Just out of interest how much was the road tax on the oldest disc?

taigagreen
80-90 Mem No: 9831

Post by taigagreen »

MALAM wrote:Plans;
AVO 70mm and 17" Fuchs 8)

Love the Fuchs´s :D

I noticed that Porsche has released the 19" Fuchs from the 911 Sport Classic for sale. Possibly not very comfy to drive, they are 19"x8,5" and 19"x11"... But very sleek looking, and original Porsche part.

Wow, what a find that bus is! I´ve been looking for one of those :D

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/10/pors ... ofits-for/

Now
88 Westfalia syncro AAZ i/c
91 Caravelle syncro DJ
89 doka syncro DJ
89 Westfalia California JX
84 Reimo Camper 1.9 WBX
90 Caravelle Coach JX
98 Sharan 110hp TDi