dash tray mods

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dink

dash tray mods

Post by dink »

i'm fed up with my dash tray
the cup holders, don't

you goround a corner and what ever is in there comes out, because they are too shallow

irecently replaced the guttering on the house, and found that the joints are the same internal diameter of the base of the cup holder

so i figure if i cut up a down pipe joint, i wrapped tape around a holesaw (i'm too cheap to buy one the right size)

with a tin sat in there

i'll glue it in with araldite, and then black silicon to seal around to be sure it won't come loose

daschmoo
80-90 Mem No: 4507

Re: dash tray mods

Post by daschmoo »

I agree about them being a tad shallow but glueing (sp?) in a lump of pipe isn't exactly pretty! What happens if you drop something small into the now really deep recepticle... gonna need tweezers or pliers to retrieve it! :wink: I just wedge (ha) a bit of rubber or sommat in to secure it if I'm gonna be rally cross driving... :D

dink

Post by dink »

i'm rough, design over function is not for me
if you saw my bus, my home, me, you'd see
if it works, i don't care what it looks like
the hole i cut in the ash tray space is for my ipod dock, i could have cut a pretty hole, that ain't me
maybe someone will see what i've done and design better from it, it's a win win
OH an i have really long fingers and can pick up a 1p coin from the bottom of it no problems ;)

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

My ugly, cracked dash untidy was the first thing to get ripped out and binned :lol:

DOMINIC
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by DOMINIC »

cruz - im with you mate, mine was in the bin day one !
. . . we both know what memories can bring - they bring diamonds and rust . . .

dumpy
80-90 Mem No: 3486

Post by dumpy »

Hi, kind of related,thought might be of interest - at the British VW show last Sat I picked up a centre console from a DAF truck. It has 2 cupholders and a lockable box behind. It fits in the walkthrough without fouling the handbrake, and is low enough to a:> climb over, and b:> allow my psngr side swivel to pass over the top - it even has steel screw bases to attach to the floor for security.

I'm pretty happy with it as an alternative to the not so nice dash tidies.
1989 Converted Panel Van Tin Top

geordie skydiver
80-90 Mem No: 2988

Post by geordie skydiver »

Dumpy, can you post a picture or have you contact details for the guy who sold you it?

Or even the DAF part number?
Lee

Learn to skydive with me.... www.skydiveacademy.org.uk