Bodyshop in Nottingham area

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sirbraunstonquiffqc

Bodyshop in Nottingham area

Post by sirbraunstonquiffqc »

Am desperate to get the van primed (at least),dings,dints etc...straightened out. Can anyone recommend a decent and trusted bodyshop/body repair garage in Nottingham area. Would love a re-spray as well! Failing that.....anyone want to work on my van in exchange for working on their van? Can tell you i'm not greatly mechanically minded,but would be an extra pair of hands for someone! Would love an experienced T25 owner to talk and mull things over with in Nottingham area. I'm thinking primed van may get me through another tough winter and then i can raise funds (the following year) for a re-spray but i've got the devil on my shoulder impatiently telling me to get a quick £500-£600 spray over.

jamesc76
80-90 Mem No: 1186

Re: Bodyshop in Nottingham area

Post by jamesc76 »

sirbraunstonquiffqc wrote:for a re-spray but i've got the devil on my shoulder impatiently telling me to get a quick £500-£600 spray over.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl even at that price you'll be lucky!
DJ at Dubdayz Summerfest
Now cutting about in an LT35 MWB

sirbraunstonquiffqc

Yeah.......thanks for that.

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

sirbraunstonquiffqc wrote:. I'm thinking primed van may get me through another tough winter and then i can raise funds (the following year) for a re-spray

primer is not water proof.. it soaks up water and rusts what's underneath or makes filler swell up and crack.
paint must follow primer as soon as it dries.
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

jimpainter
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by jimpainter »

As kev says primer is porous and so is filler. If you pay £500 quid for a spry job you will get a £500 spray job, if you get my meaning
JRP Automotive welding,bodywork, resprays, servicing and repair.
Classic Vw's
Cheshire

sirbraunstonquiffqc

Yep.I agree. It's deciding whether i have the confidence to have a go at this roller paint business shown on Wiki or get someone who knows what they're doing to re-spray the van. Hence....my cry for help and support from any T25 owners in Nottingham area! Either way i need support and good counsel.

jimpainter
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by jimpainter »

I think the roller paint job would be fine just read through the instructions. My mate has a bodysop in derby but he quoted someone i know £3000 to do a bay, but he does a top notch job. On the plus side he has quoted me £300 to do mine inside an out, but i do have to do a weeks work with him.lol
JRP Automotive welding,bodywork, resprays, servicing and repair.
Classic Vw's
Cheshire

busbuddy
80-90 Mem No: 3043

Post by busbuddy »

not quite nottingham but close enough

http://www.ikustoms.co.uk/ 8)
'88 1.9tdi karmann cheetah