Steering column mounted power steering

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Jim Bartlett
80-90 Mem No: 7082

Steering column mounted power steering

Post by Jim Bartlett »

We've got Porsche alloys and the steering is heavy so much so that the duchess is having difficulty driving our CaravelleGT. Anyone got experience of fitting one of the column mounted power steering systems? Could go the trad power steering route but we're trying to save the planet and reduce our fuel consumption.

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: Steering column mounted power steering

Post by silverbullet »

OK no-one's replied so I will by way of help, even though I swore I'd stay off the subject (politics, shmolitics) :roll: Check out rjes or ultimate engineering. Same derivative basis but different kit. rjes more developed but dearer. You get what you pay for!
Search topics for "electric pas" or "electric column steering" for opinions. Everyone seems to love it who's got it fitted. Robert (Bad dragon) did a photo fitting thread for his lhd.
Must get mine wired in... :oops:

Bad Dragon
80-90 Mem No: 6631

Re: Steering column mounted power steering

Post by Bad Dragon »

Hello Jim,

Als said, I love it. Because I do have reumatism I had as well very much problems with the handling of the steering. Bought the PAS of Ultimate Engineering and was very pleased about the help and about the handling of the van with it in it. It is now as light as a feather and I enjoy it almost every day. Soon we are of to Spain, and there I probarly will enjoy it so much more.

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... g#p7445639

Greetings from Robert
Robert aka Bad Dragon
VWT3 2WD Greenlane Style
Member of the Dragonriders
http://www.bad-dragon.nl
Dragonriders Travel