Custom conversion

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Jon Bisson GSY
80-90 Mem No: 6371

Custom conversion

Post by Jon Bisson GSY »

Hi,
I have designed and built this with the plan that it is used every day (why the kids seats are close behind the driver) and for the couple of weeks a year we are camping we always barby under the awning. I have just removed the pop top and replaced with 6mm Macralon. Next on the list is a single piece of foam for the bed, and an Aidan Talbot box (that's already here).
The bed is 5ft by 6ft and the storage ender has worked out really well. The Porsche seats are also really comfy. The door cards, headlining etc is beach faced 1/4 inch ply.
She's running a full RJES conversion, including excelleng exhaust, 2lt scooby sport engine, bilsteins, poly bushes, goodridges hoses and a few other mild mods.
Guernsey
1982 Camper RJES Subaru

Jon Bisson GSY

Re: Custom conversion

Post by Jon Bisson GSY »

few more pics
Guernsey
1982 Camper RJES Subaru

texasuk
80-90 Mem No: 7673

Post by texasuk »

Nice. I like it when people modify things to fit their own personal needs, obviously works for you.
Although I love the idea of a big sunroof, I'd like it to be opening as well. Could you not have just mounted it in the pop top instead, and had the best of both worlds? Purely a practical question.

Jon Bisson GSY

Post by Jon Bisson GSY »

the pop top had some issues and the kids are better in bunks over the front seat. I also couldn't justify dragging all that additional weight around all year for the sake of a couple of weeks.
I did design a tilt and slide option, which can be fitted in time, but time and cost means it couldn't be in the first round of work.
Guernsey
1982 Camper RJES Subaru