JK Chrome Bumpers

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

MrH29
80-90 Mem No: 0

JK Chrome Bumpers

Post by MrH29 »

I seen these sell out pretty sharpish on their website, I was wondering if they any good?

I been reading that maby they might be poor quality, I currently trying to sorce some originals but a nice new straight set from JK keeps a calling!

lloyd
80-90 Mem No: 3244

Re: JK Chrome Bumpers

Post by lloyd »

No
88 1.9 gassed w/Westy conversion & Reimo topper

MOBS

Pepperami
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 4608

Post by Pepperami »

They won't fit and the chrome will flake within 3 months. Probably.
fullthrottlejunkies.org

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

Most things from JK are shizer. They were advertising new engines so my mate rang up to ask about them, the info they gave was totally wrong and if some unlucky punter followed the advice they gave they would have been over a grand out of pocket. I would never buy anything from them, even the pan sets they used to sell were not spot wielded together but glued and the handles fell off :shock: dangerous when full of boiling hot food etc. They often send the wrong engine bits if you ordered from them too, and when you get them they are usually rubbish.

saying that the thermal mats are ok and so are the plate sets :run

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

joe75

Post by joe75 »

jed the spread wrote:Most things from JK are shizer. They were advertising new engines so my mate rang up to ask about them, the info they gave was totally wrong and if some unlucky punter followed the advice they gave they would have been over a grand out of pocket. I would never buy anything from them, even the pan sets they used to sell were not spot wielded together but glued and the handles fell off :shock: dangerous when full of boiling hot food etc. They often send the wrong engine bits if you ordered from them too, and when you get them they are usually rubbish.

jed

after buying a few bits from them they are now always my last choice! nuff said :cry:
1987 Westy Syncro mTDI

texasuk
80-90 Mem No: 7673

Post by texasuk »

Are they loved by the Split and Bay community? Someone must be buying.

Not that I want to turn this thread into a JK bashing fest, just want to know why they are held in such low esteem for T25 peeps.

joe75

Post by joe75 »

joe75 wrote:
jed the spread wrote:Most things from JK are shizer. They were advertising new engines so my mate rang up to ask about them, the info they gave was totally wrong and if some unlucky punter followed the advice they gave they would have been over a grand out of pocket. I would never buy anything from them, even the pan sets they used to sell were not spot wielded together but glued and the handles fell off :shock: dangerous when full of boiling hot food etc. They often send the wrong engine bits if you ordered from them too, and when you get them they are usually rubbish.

jed

after buying a few bits from them they are now always my last choice! nuff said :cry:

for me its based on personal experience of poor quality parts... :cry:
1987 Westy Syncro mTDI

MrH29

Post by MrH29 »

Its tough finding an original rear chrome bumper in half decent nic.
I found a couple bent up n ruseted a bit but might be tough getting them sorted.