Chandlery Equipment

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dumpy
80-90 Mem No: 3486

Chandlery Equipment

Post by dumpy »

Hi

Just a general note really - recently i've been turning to online chandlers on eBay and their own websites to get bits and pieces of custom fitting kit.

Most recently some interior dome lights.

Most stuff is stainless steel, screws on flush and is of high quality as not so much on boats appears 'made to fit'. The stuff is pretty classy looking to, and generally achieves the same sort of function dub modders are after - eg leisure/main battery level indicators, gauges, thermometers, lashin points etc etc.

Just thought it might be an untapped resource for what some people might like on here....

(I am going to draw the line at mooring fenders and an auxiliary outboard though - might end up like that Top Gear T25!)

Does anyone else have any items like this?
1989 Converted Panel Van Tin Top

ermie571
80-90 Mem No: 2129

Re: Chandlery Equipment

Post by ermie571 »

interesting....some links would be good!

:ok
2.1 DJ 1990 Caravelle (died and gone to heaven)
2.0 AGG (1997 ish) 1984 transporter LPG

dumpy
80-90 Mem No: 3486

Post by dumpy »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAINLESS-STEEL-1 ... 19ba002d83" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully that will take you to the item I just bought. If you check that sellers shop there is a lot more on there.

Otherwise, just type 'disount chandlers' (or not 'discount' if you're feeling all Sunseeker).

It's predominantly all the same stuff as what us landlubbers need.... just thought might be useful to someone drawing a blank down the normal channels and wanted something a bit different.

I'm going to mount my light in the back when i've finished soundproofing/insulating/lining my ceiling - i like that it has an integral switch, but is a little more aesthetically pleasing that the normal flouro tube or whatever you're likely to get from caravan suppliers etc - possibly even the bulb is standard and can be led'ified for extra juice in the batts?

Let me know what you think. I'll get some pics on soon - though i've been saying that since my last van!
1989 Converted Panel Van Tin Top

jamesc76
80-90 Mem No: 1186

Post by jamesc76 »

I used loads of "boat" stuff in mine, helps that I do some repairs on peoples boats on the canal where my dads a boat dweller!
DJ at Dubdayz Summerfest
Now cutting about in an LT35 MWB