lowering my van

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

stevo1980
80-90 Mem No: 6204

lowering my van

Post by stevo1980 »

Hi im after lowering my van 50cm. iv seen this set on ebay and wondering if anyone knows what they are like.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-LOWERING-SPRING ... 518fe6b411" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am on a budget and have looked at brickwerks avo`s but its a bit out of my price range. Also does anyone have the kit from JK its 300 quid. Please help as my van is booked in on the 26th of this month.Thanks steve
2 litre Aircooled bus

g60steve
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: lowering my van

Post by g60steve »

They're made by Jamex and budget for a reason.......

Save a bit more money,buy once and buy quality.
The 50mm AVO springs coupled with the Bilstein shocks are very good.
Ok they will cost more than the budget kit and the JK kit but you'll be happy you did buy them in the end.....honest!
There's no 'r' in bought!

Echo Beach
80-90 Mem No: 7369

Post by Echo Beach »

I think 'bad grip performance' just about sums it all up :roll: I am usually one to cut costs at any opportunity but even i read and took notes on this subject. I bought -50mm avo's and a westy 'anti lean' kit from brickwerks and it was money well spent. I bought the springs only as the van already had some almost new monroe gas van magnums on . Just looking at them you can see its a quality product with the coils being as thick if not more so than the originals that came off. It gave me the re-assurance that i was only going to do the job once :D If you like riding on a jackhammer and everything jumping off your dash these will be great :roll:

happy camper
80-90 Mem No: 7000

Post by happy camper »

Got that very kit on my van ( thats van not hi performance vehicle ) fella and all i can do is rave about it, great value for money lowers it to a nice usable height and stops you getting buffeted about on the motorway and the ride is still silky smooth, defo get the westie anti lean kit ( £44 from Brickwerks ) and get it all fitted up together and you'll be looking at her outa the house window all weekend .

Remember no one had heard of AVO once upon atime

:ok
I'm in my own lill world but its ok cos everyone here knows me !

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

if you want to save money ..don't waste it on Jamex
G60 steve is right... so save up
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

happy camper

Post by happy camper »

How can a kit be judged by people who do not have it on their van ? do nike trainers make you run faster ? :idea

unfortunately we live in a world where its all about the name of a product, :roll:

jason k
80-90 Mem No: 1959

Post by jason k »

no, not quite.

avos were bad at first, they have been developed with help and input from baxter. now they are fit for purpose and a quality item.

the cheaper kits will not last as proven by jamex (jk) kits which fall apart.

i have seen vans with these ebay kits on and none of em last long either.

buy once buy right
98 Westfalia James Cook

happy camper

Post by happy camper »

jason k wrote:no, not quite.

avos were bad at first, they have been developed with help and input from baxter. now they are fit for purpose and a quality item.

the cheaper kits will not last as proven by jamex (jk) kits which fall apart.

i have seen vans with these ebay kits on and none of em last long either.

buy once buy right

I cant really give a longterm on the e-bay kit as mine has only been on for 8 months but my vans in daily use and seems to be holding up under the strain so far and the paint's still on there, i also measured the thicness of the origional vw stuff against the e-bay stuff and there's nowt in it, i was also impressed with there customer service via email keeping me updated with when my kit had been dispatched etc

stevo1980
80-90 Mem No: 6204

Post by stevo1980 »

Right guys iv decided to get the avo ones from Brickwerks, sod the money just weighed in some gold and got 900 quid so im ordering right now. Thanks for the tips.
2 litre Aircooled bus

jason k
80-90 Mem No: 1959

Post by jason k »

good choice :ok
98 Westfalia James Cook