whats the best exhaust !

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

rattybird
80-90 Mem No: 3979

whats the best exhaust !

Post by rattybird »

i run a 1.9 and i have seen some of the prices and they are rather shocking ! i was thinking of a s/s one what have you got or you recommend ?
" Its hip to be square "

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Re: whats the best exhaust !

Post by axeman »

if your going to keep the 1.9 and only ever plan on using a waterboxer including a 2.1 then i would go for stainless, if you will ever change engine scooby audi etc etc go for mild steel. could you not just replace th section that is broken? thats what i have done. 2 new stainless sections from baxter.

hope this helps neil
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

rattybird

Post by rattybird »

axeman wrote:if your going to keep the 1.9 and only ever plan on using a waterboxer including a 2.1 then i would go for stainless, if you will ever change engine scooby audi etc etc go for mild steel. could you not just replace th section that is broken? thats what i have done. 2 new stainless sections from baxter.

hope this helps neil

hi neil

How long will a mild steal last roughly ? have you got any pics of the stainless ons and do thy sound any different ?

thank you !
" Its hip to be square "

jason k
80-90 Mem No: 1959

Post by jason k »

avoid anything by empi
98 Westfalia James Cook

rattybird

Post by rattybird »

i forgot to add i made my own silencer from bits of a mx5 Exhaust and its very noisy so i thought i would better of fitting something that won't get me pulled
" Its hip to be square "

rattybird

Post by rattybird »

jason k wrote:avoid anything by empi

lol lol i used to sell them parts when i uesd to work for kingfisher kustoms lol :rofl i wondered why they always came back :rollin

:rollin nice one Jason that tickled me !!!
" Its hip to be square "

mike_gee32
80-90 Mem No: 455

Post by mike_gee32 »

Depends on whether you've got an early or late van. If late then go for the stainless one from Brickwerks, it matches oe so you can replace it bit by bit if funds are tight and it's not silly loud, couple of options for early I've got a vw speedshop stainless one. About £430 but really good quality and fitted easily - although I had to clearance the n/s tinware a bit. It's louder than stock but not chav loud, unless you go everywhere on the limiter :D
Turbo thomas gets good reviews, similar price as well. Or for cheapness GSF or JK mild steel replacement - just don't expect it to last more than a couple of years.
Member no. 455

ricicles
80-90 Mem No: 6350

Post by ricicles »

i have speedshop one on mine its not bad and not much nore expensive than a standard system. it will fit late wbx.