Which head unit?

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dumpy
80-90 Mem No: 3486

Which head unit?

Post by dumpy »

I need a head unit for my T25 and i'm a fussy bugger... can anyone help.

Criteria:

1. Must fit in the hole - ie not like the beautiful Alpine unit I already have that sticks out an inch, or a double din lovely.

2. Must be able to accept an iPod and preferably charge it BUT not control it, my current Alpine does that and I don't like it - more than that, I think it's dangerous - I want to control from the iPod itself. I'd rather it didn't charge it but I could still do this.

3. Must not be horrible. Should fit with the 80's van but be subtle - a tape deck with stereo in would be fine over a flashing monstrosity, but....

4. Must have subwoofer out - i've got that nifty underseat Alpine jobby which I love

Budget - under £100 would be nice (eg Becker/Nakamichi out of the question!).

Thanks!
1989 Converted Panel Van Tin Top

texasuk
80-90 Mem No: 7673

Re: Which head unit?

Post by texasuk »

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product ... -24012.htm

That's under £100 (just), but if you can stretch another £19 I have, and really like, the next one up:

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product ... -23222.htm

Even get a free gift at the moment.

eatcustard
80-90 Mem No: 6062

Post by eatcustard »

Go to Halfords

have a look and listen, then get it cheaper of the interweb thiny cheaper :ok
https://www.penguinjones.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; PM me for your 10% discount

faggie

Post by faggie »

buy a 2nd hand nakamichi 400 you will get one for 100 quid no flashing lights just good quality sound

dumpy
80-90 Mem No: 3486

Post by dumpy »

Thanks for tips so far.

Another quick point - i'm sure I remember someone posting on here about mounting speakers in the dash rather than the doors.... mids underneath somewhere and tweeters on top.

Can anyone direct me to the thread, I can't figure out where the mids would go but i like the idea.

Or maybe it was all a dream....
1989 Converted Panel Van Tin Top

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

Hi Dumpy. you really need protecting from the dangers of you alpine, I have a very safe place for it and we would both be winners, you safe and me with with a warm feeling for helping. :rofl
Mike