Vehicle Identification Plate Missing

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

desbo77

Vehicle Identification Plate Missing

Post by desbo77 »

Hi, I bought my 1988 Transporter 1.9 with British registration then moved to Spain. I managed to get the vehicle Homologised in Spain after alot of trouble. The plate with the VIN and maximum load weights was missing but eventually they turned a blind eye. Now I haved moved to Slovenia and I have encountered the same problem again. To get a new ID plate I must send off to VW Germany and theres no guarantee the will oblige. The clock is ticking and to legally get the van back to the homologising centre I only have one week. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I thought of making one myself, is there any reason why I shouldn't?
Many thanks
Des

gti mad man
80-90 Mem No: 4918

Re: Vehicle Identification Plate Missing

Post by gti mad man »

climb under the van to the crossmember under the drivers seat and you should see the chassis number stamped there then maybe you could take it to a mot type place or some kind of taxing database that would confirm its weight ?
Holdsworth villa 3 1987

Andy