Color names and codes?

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

T3TE
80-90 Mem No: 0

Color names and codes?

Post by T3TE »

Hey guys!

Its time to get my T25 painted and I have narrowed down a few colors.

I would really be greatful if some one can tell me the names and codes of these two colors.

Bowton Lad
80-90 Mem No: 2488

Re: Color names and codes?

Post by Bowton Lad »

First, you need to know what year the vehicles are. Then use the link below to search the paint colours/colour codes helpfully provided by Mr.B on Brick-Yard.

http://brick-yard.co.uk/VehicleSpecific ... colour.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BOWTON LAD, CLUB 80-90 MEMBER No.2488

2013 VW PASSAT ESTATE 2.OL TDI BLUE MOTION TECHNOLOGY

T3TE

Post by T3TE »

Thanks for the reply!

But how would I find info about these cars T25's? I got these pictures off the internet and I dont even know if these colors are vw originals.

Bowton Lad

Post by Bowton Lad »

So, you havn't actually seen these vans? According to the list of VW colours on BY, four different different reds have been used over the years:-
Orient, Marsala, Tornado & Titian (Metallic). I reckon that the red van in your photo is either Tornado or Titian. I can't quite tell from the photo if it's metallic or not. That is a terrific looking Syncro in a stunning shade of red.

The van in the top picture appears to be white but in some light conditions silver can look white. It could be:- Damuso White, Alpine White 78 or Pastel White. Colours often have the prefix 'L' = 'Laquer' ie. a clear coat of laquer over the chosen colour. It could very well be Pastel White but it's difficult to tell from the photo.

dissy26

Post by dissy26 »

Hi
Tornado Red Is a straight Red (non metalic) I think the Red van Is
Titan Red MET colour code LB3V
I think the other van Is Silver not White
Flash Silver MET colour code LP7Y

What I would do Is go to your local car paint shop with the above colour codes and they should be able to show you colour swatches of them codes
so you can see for yourself .
Hope this helps.
Regards

Pete

Bowton Lad

Post by Bowton Lad »

dissy26, the actual paint codes do not contain the letter ''L''. eg. Titian Red Metallic = paint code ''B3V''. ''L'' = Laquer''. :)

T3TE

Post by T3TE »

Thanks guys I will go to a paint shop and check 'em out.

I found a similar color on a MKII golf and it is listed by the name RED PEARL EFFECT. I am posting a pic of it and would appreciate if you guys can tell me if its the same color as the T25 syncro.

Cheers!

T3TE

Post by T3TE »

And then there is this one as well. By the name of Terra cotta- pearl effect.

I have problems recognising shades so please help!

dissy26

Post by dissy26 »

Hello
Bowton lad I work has a car painter at a big Insurance bodyshop
Were I mix my own paints on computerised scales
Asking for the full 4 digit code will be fine and any decent paint supplier will know this

Pete

chuckle-bus-tom
80-90 Mem No: 4368

Post by chuckle-bus-tom »

I can't quite zoom in clearly because I'm using my iPhone, but both of those vans look like they're sporting WBX6/Oettinger badges, so that could give you a new route to investigate!

very_bland
80-90 Mem No: 7610

Post by very_bland »

The colours on the cars look very different to the van, but to be honest with you, you can (accidentally or intentionally) manipulate colours very easily with a cameras settings, and thats before whoever took the photo, might have increased the contrast, or tint etc.... I would not generally get a paint code because you like the colour in a photo! If you can, I would try and see the paint in the flesh before you commit! Do you have any VW shows in Pakistan?

But then saying that, if you need to ask if two shades of red look the same, then red is red!

T3TE

Post by T3TE »

Hey guys..

Thanks for the input! I went to a paint shop and checked out all the red from VW.. there are quite a few and i was thinking choosing 3-4 out of them and then get a small part painted which will make it easier to choose.

And we do have very small shows but they are have any t3's most are old beetles and a few bay winows.

Will keep you guys posted!