HERCULES ELECTRONIC STEERING TEST DRIVE

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

CycloneMike
80-90 Mem No: 3787

Re: HERCULES ELECTRONIC STEERING TEST DRIVE

Post by CycloneMike »

A voluntary SVA could be an option?
OK it will cost a few quid but it would sort this all out by having the system examined when fitted to a vehicle, showing it is up to type approval standard or not. It would surely help sales and pay for itself in the long run?
VOSA have a PDF about how it works. Unfortunately I can't put a link to it from my phone. I'm trying to help.
NO PIES CAKES OR BEER LEFT IN THIS VAN OVERNIGHT.
Member Number 3787

ricicles
80-90 Mem No: 6350

Post by ricicles »

do you only need p,a,s if you have fatter tyres on the front? i ask cos my steering is not heavy. i know that some may need it, and auto. but was available from the factory, why not retro fit? as for advertising! if you advertise then i think you should be prepared to answer questions and give help and advice on the forum to. as some others do. thats just me though. happy days.

eatcustard
80-90 Mem No: 6062

Post by eatcustard »

ricicles

PAS is of only use for parking.

otherwise its pointless
https://www.penguinjones.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; PM me for your 10% discount

ricicles
80-90 Mem No: 6350

Post by ricicles »

yup :!: been driving enough years to know that. fluff has no probs with steering on t25. she used to be able to chuck a javlin over 50 meters though :mrgreen:

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Good point about the SVA. Maybe everyone who's modded a vehicle should put in for one?
For what it's worth, anyone checked the state of their steering relay lately?
Probably never been looked at since your van was built :shock: I only mention this since I finished stripping out a breaker recently and found that the aforementioned item was stiff and notchy - the bearings have failed with old age...
E D I T
OK no pics yet but having got it apart - DON'T even try, it's a horror story - bearings looked ok and SKF specials so no replacement possible as yet. Might be a slightly bent shaft giving a tight spot. Strange...