Drop down DVD player?

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

joe75
80-90 Mem No: 0

Drop down DVD player?

Post by joe75 »

As part of my winter camper up grade I am looking into putting drop down DVD player. I have Westy interior and have seen them placed on the roof above the two front seats. Does anyone have one and can recommend a player as I have goggled them and found loads of different ones and really have clue as to which one or size ...?

When its wired up can it run thru the stereo and speakers? I have ok'ish head unit that has an aux that at the moment i us for an ipod. For speakers i have some 3 ways in the front doors but need to bring some sound up to the dash area as with the speakers being low down do not give great sound when on the motor way. In the back I have the normal ones in the rear cupboard that need to be replaced, I hoping to fin something that will fit with out hacking the cupboard about.

It would be good to hear from anyone with experience or knowledge of this sort of thing ... :ok
1987 Westy Syncro mTDI

ninja.turtle007
80-90 Mem No: 7278

Re: Drop down DVD player?

Post by ninja.turtle007 »

I was going to buy this style of TV but changed my mind as it will always be on display and I didn't want to encourage some litte oik to break in!!

Bought a nextbase 10" digi tv/DVD player with battery pack to conserve leisure battery. I have used it only as DVD player so far. Money well spent though. £150 with battery pack customer return from Ebay.
Full time Explorer http://www.resfeber.co.uk

joe75

Post by joe75 »

I can see what you are saying, having a DVD player on display might not be the best idea? maybe there is a way of hiding it?

Thanks for the thoughts and info on what you bought, gives me another option. :ok

cheers

joe
1987 Westy Syncro mTDI

jason k
80-90 Mem No: 1959

Post by jason k »

joe i have a westy and fitted the 15 inch motorised flip tv / dvd from bluebird customs between the front seats.

tidy bit of kit it is too. :ok
98 Westfalia James Cook

jason k

Post by jason k »

oh and you cant see it from the outside without really looking for it too
98 Westfalia James Cook

joe75

Post by joe75 »

Good to here. So what is it like? Does it play thru the stereo? Did you fit and wire it in?

Please tell all :ok
1987 Westy Syncro mTDI

jason k

Post by jason k »

its this one

http://www.bluebird-type2.co.uk/tv.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it will run thru the speakers if your head unit has the inputs but i find the built in speaker loud enough.

yup i fitted it.

the power i took a feed off the lighting circuit after doing the westy light mod to run it off the leisure battery.

its got a low consumption of power and comes with a mains transformer too,
98 Westfalia James Cook

joe75

Post by joe75 »

sounds good.

thanks for the info :ok
1987 Westy Syncro mTDI

PEET
80-90 Mem No: 2528

Post by PEET »

In my workshop somewhere was a prototype metal box I was making with a slide out tray for a 15" screen to bolt on the end of the kitchen block, there were hassles tho including the loss of drivers seat spin and access to the battery - if i ever get around to it the mk2 i shall let u know! :ok
Thats PEET as in FEET!!!

Johny B
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2003

Post by Johny B »

have a look at the gasure web site
Member 2003

VW Camperhaus

joe75

Post by joe75 »

thanks for that. they had most bits i was looking for; electric windows, central locking, alarm, propex, DVD player and parking sensors...maybe they will do me a deal on fitting it all in one go? will call them when I get a moment.

cheers :ok
1987 Westy Syncro mTDI