double or single headlights?

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sirbraunstonquiffqc

double or single headlights?

Post by sirbraunstonquiffqc »

Should i ditch my double headlights and buy a new single headlight grille (from Just kampers) or keep what i've got? I think i prefer the single headlight look on the T25 with one single fog light on the bumper. Is it an easy job to revert back to the standard grille from the double headlight? I AM A NOVICE!

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: double or single headlights?

Post by silverbullet »

If you want to "lose" your double lamp grille and the driving lights then please pm me with what you want for them. Got a good close-up picture? I quite fancy going back to twin rounds from the double squares on my SA for the authentic look. Never seen a ribbed grille like that one - does it have a badge/brand?

To answer your question - round headlamps are round headlamps. All the same. (apart from lh/rh obviously...)

Ian

poshbuggers
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by poshbuggers »

Thats a Hella/Taifun grille and was offered as an optional extra back in the day.

An acquired taste but getting rarer these days.

I have one with lights and one without.

Reverting to single rounds involves removing the grille and unbolting/unwiring the spots.

Refitting the grille should be a simple case of fitting in the hole and turning the locating screws.

'90 Syncro Hightop. Ex-BUPA/Rowan ambulance with 2.0L GTI power and some curious windows.
)

richieadkins
80-90 Mem No: 6900

Post by richieadkins »

Would also be intrested in the double lights if anyone where to be selling any. Obviously second in line :D .

Richie
1982 Leisure Drive hi-top 1.9 N/A 1Y.
http://www.justgiving.com/Richard-Adkins/

sirbraunstonquiffqc

Hi Silverbullet,
Am keen to 'lose' ribbed grille (Hella apparently).They do look nice at an angle when the sun shines on them! The grille has slight damage and is currently held in several places with those black plastic wrap strap things! Still looks good if that is your preference. I would include the clouded Hella headlamps which do look nice. How about a straight swap inc headlamps? I will need some assistance getting the new grille on. If you're not keen on straight swap,what would you like to offer? Stay in touch and you can have first refusal. Cheers.

sirbraunstonquiffqc

Hi Silverbullet
Didn't realise you had the square lights! I want another set of round. Will have to purchase a new grille from Just kampers. Make me an offer on the grille and lights? Cheers.Will post photo in the morning for your inspection.

poshbuggers
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by poshbuggers »

As shown here in an original 1985 Swedish brochure.

Anyone else interested in a grille with lights/grille on its own feel free to PM me.

'90 Syncro Hightop. Ex-BUPA/Rowan ambulance with 2.0L GTI power and some curious windows.
)

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

sirbraunstonquiffqc wrote:Hi Silverbullet
Didn't realise you had the square lights! I want another set of round. Will have to purchase a new grille from Just kampers. Make me an offer on the grille and lights? Cheers.Will post photo in the morning for your inspection.
I'd be looking for the best that I can find so damage is a bit of a no-no. Sorry, turning into a vanorak. Will be hanging on to the double squares for a little while to complete my headlamp guard project which got a bit of interest.
poshbuggers wrote:Thats a Hella/Taifun grille and was offered as an optional extra back in the day.
An acquired taste but getting rarer these days.
I have one with lights and one without.
quote]
How much are we talking about for the one with lamps? pm me?

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Post by axeman »

i paid a £100 for the grill and a pair of hella spots, there was no damage at all to the grill or the spots, the grill was sun bleached but this was sorted with a can of satin black spray paint, and now it as good as new, seams cheaper than the cost of a set of square's seen rhd ones going for £180.

neil
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

kendall

Post by kendall »

I'll buy your grill or swap for mine? I've just painted it with plastic primer so i could colour code it or satin black paint. PM me if your interested, Cheers, Si