Rat look T25?

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

very_bland
80-90 Mem No: 7610

Re: Rat look T25?

Post by very_bland »

Mine will be signwritten in the spring, tis the bit I'm most looking forward to doing! :D

Damien
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6747

Post by Damien »

My sign writing has been drawn in pencil on the side of my van for about 2-3 months now.....

that'll teach me for letting the mrs do it and saying no rush!

very_bland
80-90 Mem No: 7610

Post by very_bland »

:lol:

If you get fed up of waiting matey give me a bell!

Damien
Trader

Post by Damien »

It has been started, it would be a shame to get you to do it to sand it off when it goes back to being the original white!!

Heres a rat looker i found

samk
80-90 Mem No: 6330

Post by samk »

like it!
83 2ltr Air-Cooled Autohomes Kamper. Kamper roof died. Fitted an original Westy Pop-top.

kendall

Post by kendall »

Defo growing on me, i used to love the shiney paint look, but it has its drawbacks. Im not a fan of rust, but have been thinking about going down the matt paint look with a twist. Problem is i think it will affect the re-sale value??

samk
80-90 Mem No: 6330

Post by samk »

my van is this colour and had become matt when i bought it. Sometimes regret polishing it up although at least it's better protected now!
83 2ltr Air-Cooled Autohomes Kamper. Kamper roof died. Fitted an original Westy Pop-top.

kooldubs
80-90 Mem No: 5286

Post by kooldubs »

PEET wrote:Rat look on a T25 should be 100% original at the moment, they aren't quite old enuf yet! Best and most temoting for me in the UK is the Wortex van which is a genuine works van in a just coming into rat look phase.. Fake Rat Look looks "pooh" on T3's TBH as does trying to make em look like a bay retro style! There is an original 80's 'llok' but at the moment its jus an original one to copy it is hard! The T3 deseves better at the mo... I dont mind retro as it can work but it is hard to get right but for now ignore rat-look i reckon! :?
For an idea of retro from me...

what this Wortex van peet...its about half way down the page..
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/lets- ... age14.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
5286. live life to the full, as it is to short not too.

sirbraunstonquiffqc

Post by sirbraunstonquiffqc »

Damien wrote:It has been started, it would be a shame to get you to do it to sand it off when it goes back to being the original white!!

That was an awesome van. Choice between the blue rat van and the bright orange square light van below.....no contest. The blue van looks fab! I think semi- panel vans (with a couple of extra windows) will suit the rat look better than a standard pop top camper. I also love the large truck wing mirrors...I don't know how or why people spend a fortune on splitties or bays and then just show and shine.People will give you a wide berth in a beaten up van and you won't be terrified if it gets scratched. As long as it's solid with a good engine. Anyone also love LT's? Am i a freak to think that LT's are also funkier than splits or bays? Wish Volksworld etc would pay more attention to T25's and LT's. Our time will come!

Matt The Hat
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Matt The Hat »

Does anyone have anymore info on this blue van? ^^^ Like a build thread or summat? Would like to know what kind of work is involved in achieving that kind of ride height, Obviously the tyre choice has made alot of difference but that cant be just 80mm springs! I know people like thier comforts on here but is riding round on the bumpstops a viable option? Ive never bothered to get springs for mine as there arnt any kits out there that will alow you to pretty much 'lay frame'!

Damien
Trader

Post by Damien »

lots of welding and some hydraulics i'll look it up for you as im stuck at home today.

jason k
80-90 Mem No: 1959

Post by jason k »

riding on bumpstops will make you sick!!!

its an awful ride and a waste of money, it will drive like dogsh.ite
98 Westfalia James Cook

lloyd
80-90 Mem No: 3244

Post by lloyd »

jason k wrote:
worse then.... unless dogsh.ite is frozen. :run
88 1.9 gassed w/Westy conversion & Reimo topper

MOBS

eatcustard
80-90 Mem No: 6062

Post by eatcustard »

sirbraunstonquiffqc wrote:
Damien wrote:It has been started, it would be a shame to get you to do it to sand it off when it goes back to being the original white!!

That was an awesome van. Choice between the blue rat van and the bright orange square light van below.....no contest. The blue van looks fab! I think semi- panel vans (with a couple of extra windows) will suit the rat look better than a standard pop top camper. I also love the large truck wing mirrors...I don't know how or why people spend a fortune on splitties or bays and then just show and shine.People will give you a wide berth in a beaten up van and you won't be terrified if it gets scratched. As long as it's solid with a good engine. Anyone also love LT's? Am i a freak to think that LT's are also funkier than splits or bays? Wish Volksworld etc would pay more attention to T25's and LT's. Our time will come!

Sorry

Thats a shed and a disgrace to a T25 (in my eyes)
That to me means, I cant be bothered to look after my van.

Unless its being restored :D
https://www.penguinjones.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; PM me for your 10% discount

Matt The Hat
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Matt The Hat »

Damien wrote:lots of welding and some hydraulics i'll look it up for you as im stuck at home today.

Ahh wicked cheers man, what kind of welding? like the cab floor/wheel arches similar to that type 2 detectives bay? The front cross member/subframe does hang quite low but I could deffo put up with catching that on the road.

jason k wrote:riding on bumpstops will make you sick!!!

Haha! yeah quite possibly, but my van does about 55mph, and handles rubbish anyway! my other car is wound all the way down on coilovers with about 20mm sump clearance, never really had a problem with that, its not quite resting on the bump stops tho... :D

eatcustard wrote:
Sorry

Thats a shed and a disgrace to a T25 (in my eyes)
That to me means, I cant be bothered to look after my van.

Unless its being restored :D

I hear what your saying man! But theres something amazing about having a shi tty van, on the deck, and dragging it round everywhere! I suppose it depends on how natural the decay is, if it looks like someone has just trashed a half decent vehicle then its stupid. As far as stance goes, that van up there has it dialed!