Rear Dics Brakes

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Tischer Van43y
80-90 Mem No: 7524

Rear Dics Brakes

Post by Tischer Van43y »

Hello,

I'm confused I was going to get rear disc brakes put on my T25 but spoke to some people, and specailsts who say there not worth it. Anyone got them on and think they are worth it or not?

Cheers

Olly

v-lux
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2951

Re: Rear Dics Brakes

Post by v-lux »

I know a couple of peeps who have got them and they reckon they are the bees knees.
Hard to say really as i suppose anyone who has forked out the cash is going to say they are the way to go.

Im fitting rear discs to mine very soon, but mine is a syncro and im fed up with emptying mud out of my drums and adjusting the damn things.
I also use my van for work during the summer and carry heavy loads on my roofrack, so any gain in braking is welcome. However the bulk of that will be the front disc upgrade.

Im swapping to larger, vented discs on the front with different calipers that have pads with a larger surface area.

See here:
Fronts

Rears

Tischer Van43y
80-90 Mem No: 7524

Post by Tischer Van43y »

Cheers,

I've decided to spend the money towards a respray, see how it goes with the brakes.

Olly

Eta-Beta

Post by Eta-Beta »

If your spending that sort of money , go a bit further and fit 4 potters,, porsche /brembo,,, not the weedy stuff ,lol
T25 Vanaru EJ25