Japanese Square headlight Conversion

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

joshb
80-90 Mem No: 4419

Japanese Square headlight Conversion

Post by joshb »

I bought a set of cheap USA spec square headlight set but the main lights were pants and OEM RHD square lights fetch stupid money so I had a wonder round the local scrappy with a tape measure looking for inspiration! I noticed 80's'/90's jap type cars such as most with pop up headlights or 4x4 often had a similar size headlights so I bought some including the bowls and some adjuster screws and springs from them and a few other similar cars while I was there. I just lined the up jap light adjuster screws then drilled and tapped the VW metal light holder and fitted the bolts and springs so they are fully adjustable. dapped some copper grease on adjusted em up and that its. Passed the MOT in July no worrys, great lights too. It was really easy! Mine were off a toyota supra, (£10 the pair) and are thicker on one side than the other ( see pics) most jap lights of this type are uniform in depth. I thought it would look better but in reality it doesnt make any difference. see pics on how I fiited them. The sides are slightly rounded and not square like the vw ones but I dont think its noticable or looks odd

Looking for a new van running on LPG

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Re: Japanese Square headlight Conversion

Post by AngeloEvs »

thats great and really useful. Once its done you can just buy a spare set of similar lamps and have them ready without having to trawl the net and pay stupid money .............. :ok
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

PEET
80-90 Mem No: 2528

Post by PEET »

I like this! Top work fella!! :ok
Thats PEET as in FEET!!!

t25adict
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by t25adict »

i was looking at jeep lights the other day.. they are hella and look like they may be a posible too..

when i ever get round to doing them ive got some lt big square lights that im goning to use.
WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough