ebay e german lowering kit £200.odd

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

double h
80-90 Mem No: 7335

ebay e german lowering kit £200.odd

Post by double h »

Hi,just wondering if anybody has tried this kit out and what the results are?.

Titus A Duxass
80-90 Mem No: 4475

Re: ebay e german lowering kit £200.odd

Post by Titus A Duxass »

A link or description would be helpful!

You get what you pay for - for 200 squid it's probably carp and will need replacing on a regular basis.
VW T3 GTi Camper 2,0l

ninja.turtle007
80-90 Mem No: 7278

Post by ninja.turtle007 »

I know the one. I did lots of research on this. I went through the sellers feedback and emailed someone who had bought the kit for there T25. They said they were ok but had to change the shocks as they were too bouncey.

Although I really like to save money, I felt that this was not the way to do it. I ended up buying -50mm Avo springs and bilstein shocks from Simon Baxter. I think they came to around £350. They are worth every penny. My camper went from being a boucney, wobbley old van into something that was firm and handled well. I wouldn't want to go any lower or firmer though.

Cheers

Tom
Full time Explorer http://www.resfeber.co.uk

happy camper
80-90 Mem No: 7000

Post by happy camper »

i have just ordered one of these kits and tbh i'm already impressed with there after care, prior to despatching my order they e-mailed me asking for the full spec of my van engine size, sleeping capacity, equipment level etc so that they can get the correct parts to me as with all campers the side where the kitchen units are and engine weights are gonna have more effect on one side more than the other.

I think youd be pretty naive to think one of these kits is gonna make it handle like a ferarri but if you want a lowered bus on a budget i think its a good kit + its gotta be better than the 24 year old suspension thats on there leaning to the o/s at the mo

My kit should be here next week so i'll let you know what its like when its fitted :ok
I'm in my own lill world but its ok cos everyone here knows me !

double h
80-90 Mem No: 7335

Post by double h »

Cheers for the replys,
happy camper if you can let me know what you think of the kit after you have used it for a couple of weeks that would be excellent.I am going to lower the bus but mainly just for looks as its just a 1.6d but hope to replace it with a 1y , even so i dont expect to be reaching speeds of more than 65 down hill tailwind ect ect.

Tom,
if happy camper is less than happy with the kit i will look into going down a similar route as yourself.I am not realy after high performance handling but would not like to spend 200.odd and be dissapointed.

Cheers once again for the replys :ok .

happy camper

Post by happy camper »

double h wrote:Cheers for the replys,
happy camper if you can let me know what you think of the kit after you have used it for a couple of weeks that would be excellent.I am going to lower the bus but mainly just for looks as its just a 1.6d but hope to replace it with a 1y , even so i dont expect to be reaching speeds of more than 65 down hill tailwind ect ect.

Tom,
if happy camper is less than happy with the kit i will look into going down a similar route as yourself.I am not realy after high performance handling but would not like to spend 200.odd and be dissapointed.

Cheers once again for the replys :ok .

The kit turned up today so i'll do some before and after pics and post em up it'll probably be friday or sat as they're my rest days :ok

kooldubs
80-90 Mem No: 5286

Post by kooldubs »

we have that kit on opur caravelle....what a pile of "pooh"....the standard set up was a lot better..
the lower kit sways and wollows all over the place, if my gsx 1100 or mt m1800r handled like the van then i would be in hospital in traction..
you get what you pay for and its a costly manouver..so get it right the first time not the second third or forth
andy :ok
5286. live life to the full, as it is to short not too.

happy camper

Post by happy camper »

Well the kit's all fitted up and after a lill test run i can honestly say its well worth the money the van holds the road loads better and sits just right with a little nose down stance and level not leaning to the o/s with all weight of the kitchen.

Fitting the rears was easy peasy with the help of an assistant, took about 20mins a side, fronts were a little more technical and would only recomend doing the them if you have a good selection of tools and know how. One thing i would recomend is from the time you place your order to the time it gets to you get under your van regularly with the penatrating fluid and give the nuts bolts and top ball joints a good spray it'll make life so much easier at fitting time.

Kooldubs i dunno how many miles your standard suspension had done or if your kits fitted properly ( no offence intended ) but this kit has really transformed my van, if its as bad as you say why not put the standard stuff back on and sell the lowering kit ?

Heres a pic taken just after we'd finished fitting the kit :ok

happy camper

Post by happy camper »

Now that i,ve driven the van for a couple of days i can only praise this kit more and more, you don,t get buffeted about on motorways as much as before and the ride is firm but comfy, gets top marks from me :ok