Subs in custom roof locker

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

yellowbus
80-90 Mem No: 0

Subs in custom roof locker

Post by yellowbus »

I'm looking at building a roof locker in the back of my tin top over the bed but instead of having a it as a cupboard using it as the load space for two 12" subs- i've worked out dimensions etc so theres enough space but whats the best way of securing it up there as it will be carrying quite a lot of weight and don't want to wake up with a face full of speaker and splintered wood?

And they won't fit in the locker under the bed- and i use that space for storing lots of stuff.

cheers guys,
Kieron

weldore
80-90 Mem No: 5833

Re: Subs in custom roof locker

Post by weldore »

the original ones had 'J' bolts that run from the base of the locker up and through it and hook into the metal of the van..this should be more than enough imho
the word 'pissing' is safe

Dave and gail.....1983 Pop Top 1.9n/a diesel (aka Ready Steady Eddie)

yellowbus
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by yellowbus »

got any pictures of these j bolts and pics of them in use?

sounds promising cheers,

K

weldore

Post by weldore »

there was a thread on the tech section(i think) where titus put up a link...basicly the bolt is upside down with the bend at the top...then it hooks into the sides of the van and the bolt runs through the locker and is bolted up underneath,you cn make them yourself and i think in that link it tells you too...just get a few lengths of threaded bar..m6 should be good enough and put a bend in one end in the vice...good luck :ok

weldore

Post by weldore »

here you go ..have a look though this
http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... r#p7361168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PEET
80-90 Mem No: 2528

Post by PEET »

Or jus weld brackets on if theres no headling or jus use large self tapping screws (like the ones in the front door pull handles.!) :ok
Thats PEET as in FEET!!!