T25 rear speaker positioning

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

nesty
80-90 Mem No: 4023

T25 rear speaker positioning

Post by nesty »

I got a T25 Holdsworth camper. I’m upgrading my stereo system. I just want to ask a question. Do any of you have rear speakers, if so where have you mounted yours?

I would think, as there is a big area to fill; the speakers would have to be 6x9?

Nesty
Holdsworth Villa2 1983 1.9 DG, 4 Speed, LPG & Petrol+underslung leisure tank

High Peaker
80-90 Mem No: 3380

Re: T25 rear speaker positioning

Post by High Peaker »

I've got 6x9s in the face of the rear seat box. Combined with normal cab door speakers, this gives a good all around sound when driving, then in camping mode you adjust the fader forward a bit to add some treble from the cab speakers. Sounds very good when lying in bed watching a DVD plugged in through the head unit - whole bed shakes with explosions, car chases, etc.
If you have an overhead locker in rear, you would only fit much smaller speakers, and I would have thought they would be right by your head when sitting on the back seat.
Alex, High Peak
1983 Hightop Reimo-esque Camper

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

there is only one place sensible, in the tailgate card. Anywhere else means cutting huge holes in the furniture and or comprmising valuable storage, the space in the tailgate is useless for anything else.
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

nesty
80-90 Mem No: 4023

Post by nesty »

Thanks for the replies. I am considering the face of the rear seat box. I have Propex gas heat vent in the face already, so it has been cut before. I'll investigate that later today.

Nesty
Holdsworth Villa2 1983 1.9 DG, 4 Speed, LPG & Petrol+underslung leisure tank

T3 Si
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by T3 Si »

I am hiding, avoiding doing jobs round the house under the guise of part searching for essentials........., I fitted some cracking 6 x 9's in the overhead storage of my van, though I did make the unit myself and had always intended for the bedding locker to contain speakers. Reason being, tail gate gets covered by luggage, underseat gets kicked by THE kids and the over head seamed a natural place, as at the sides where your ceiling curves in to meet the window, there is not a lot that could be stored behind it except for bedding. if you would like any photos or a facia mocking up then I would be more than happy to. I intend in years to come to shift into interiors and I am currently building up a portfolio so where possible I do freebies to hopefully get a good reputation.

Molly Man
80-90 Mem No: 3800

Post by Molly Man »

Nesty

My Holdsworth Villa 3 was fitted with extra rear speakers by Holdsworths in the factory... they decided that the overhead cupboard was the best place for sound quality and so cut the required holes in the floor facing down so did not take up a lot of space. The cupboard is designed to hold light materials only as a safety precaution so the speakers really do not get in the way. Woirks a treat for me!

Molly Man :D
Self catering traditional North Norfolk cottage available...pm me!

1987 VW 1.6 Turbo Diesel with Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top conversion circa 1990...all original and simply the best!

Bad Dragon
80-90 Mem No: 6631

Post by Bad Dragon »

Hello,

This is the way we fitted our stereo in our Airbus 87

And it is still a camper. But also my daily ride. And I like some noise. :D

Greetings from Robert
Robert aka Bad Dragon
VWT3 2WD Greenlane Style
Member of the Dragonriders
http://www.bad-dragon.nl
Dragonriders Travel

pockets
80-90 Mem No: 6567

Post by pockets »

My Autosleeper had them little surface-mounted box speakers on the rear overhead locker due to the width of the locker door, they do produce a reasonable sound but only reasonable, think they're 35w. I can post pics if needed.

Blaupunkt did some nice box speakers but they may have recently discontinued them.

Tatty Chap
80-90 Mem No: 5626

Post by Tatty Chap »

Ive mounted 2 on my overhead locker, but as they face backwards they are useless for listening in the cab. :?
2.0l 1983 Aircooled Hitop

tinman
80-90 Mem No: 6155

Post by tinman »

Yes please T3 Si. Post some pictures I'm really interested in doing this . Thanks

Titus A Duxass
80-90 Mem No: 4475

Post by Titus A Duxass »

Mocki wrote:there is only one place sensible, in the tailgate card. Anywhere else means cutting huge holes in the furniture and or comprmising valuable storage, the space in the tailgate is useless for anything else.

Agreed - just don't mount them too low or they may be masked by the mattress foam.
VW T3 GTi Camper 2,0l