Under seat sub

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

el sketcho
80-90 Mem No: 5851

Under seat sub

Post by el sketcho »

Has anyone fitted one of these? Just wanna know if they are any good.
If you're better than the leading brand, why aren't you the leading brand?

PEET
80-90 Mem No: 2528

Re: Under seat sub

Post by PEET »

Good in a Sika/DoKa crap in a normal van.. :ok
Thats PEET as in FEET!!!

dumpy
80-90 Mem No: 3486

Post by dumpy »

I've got the flat Alpine jobbie in mine, just wedges under drivers seat - though mine are a little higher as I have Saab seats and a custom sub frame for them on - it's not the most you could get out of a sub, but I couldn't spare the room elsewhere, if i'm going to build a box in the back, it's got to have gear in it, not empty space!

So unless you are a true rude boy, they are fine for jacking up a fairly standard install. I've beefed the front speakers up to 8 inch (with slightly extended window winders to fit over the speakers - incidentally - the ones I have are minging, does anyone have a solution to this - mine are wooden! look awful.

Just my thoughts anyway...
1989 Converted Panel Van Tin Top

eatcustard
80-90 Mem No: 6062

Post by eatcustard »

link here

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=unde ... e&resnum=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.penguinjones.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; PM me for your 10% discount

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

you have wooden window winders :shock:

with slightly extended window winders to fit over the speakers - incidentally - the ones I have are minging, does anyone have a solution to this - mine are wooden!
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

VWCamperfan
80-90 Mem No: 4000

Post by VWCamperfan »

Wouldn't mind having a looksie at these 'wooden window' winders.

I don't think i've ever heard of wooden windows... Just can't see it myself! :lol:
Mark.

I'm Not A Complete Idiot... Some Bits Are Missing!

1.6 Modified CT engine.

dumpy
80-90 Mem No: 3486

Post by dumpy »

Will try and get a pic up.

I think, perchance, the image you have in your head may be slightly more horrific then they actually are - they are, for example, hand carved from mahogany, or bits of skirting board nailed together.

They have chrome on too (!) - would look nice in a classic car perhaps, but my low riding urban cruiser ain't the place for them.

And of course, the windows themselves are made out a wholly more traditional glass.
1989 Converted Panel Van Tin Top