White over base colour paint scheme

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

High Peaker
80-90 Mem No: 3380

White over base colour paint scheme

Post by High Peaker »

Planning for my Grand Respray, and fancy going for a classic / Caravelle CL look with the upper half in off-white. 8)

Currently I have Marsala Red on the whole body, with an off-white high top.
I want to retain Marsala Red for the lower half, but bring the windows and swage line into a similar off-white.
The 1985 brochure has dark colours paired up with Damus White (P6), but older ones used Ivory White.

Can anyone share what colours they have used, and what looks too creamy or too white?

Thanks.
Alex, High Peak
1983 Hightop Reimo-esque Camper

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Re: White over base colour paint scheme

Post by AngeloEvs »

Depends if you are wanting to keep to a VW stock code. Pastel white comes in two shades (Light and Standard) the latter is creamier than the other. Of course you have the choice of non VW colours and Old English White is still a popular colour with 5 shades to choose from and works well with Red (remember the works mini cooper S = Tartan Red + OEW roof). Take a trip to any motor factors and have a look at the range of off-whites available and note the colour/manufacturer of those you like.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

billy739
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1541

Re: White over base colour paint scheme

Post by billy739 »

i have an 87 cl which is in white over red , factory paint.

i will check later but sue its lh3d marsala and pastel.