Alternative Stereo Mounting

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

shortbloke
80-90 Mem No: 7844

Re: Alternative Stereo Mounting

Post by shortbloke »

Its been a while sinse my last update! But I've finally fitted my stereo, mounted on top of the dash...

Slight change to how I first planned to do it. This time, I brought an under dash stereo mount from ebay, flipped it round, bolted it to 2 "L shaped" bits of steel I fabricated, and then riveted the unit to the dash.

The stereo is wired to the leisure battery (split relay charged) and the iginiton live is on a rocker switch fitted to the dash so not to drain the battery. Looks good even if I do say do myself, and great way of making use of holes cut in the dash by previous owners!

Pics to follow this weeked... :pimp

ermie571
80-90 Mem No: 2129

Post by ermie571 »

We want pics! We want pics!!

Em
:ok
2.1 DJ 1990 Caravelle (died and gone to heaven)
2.0 AGG (1997 ish) 1984 transporter LPG

shortbloke

Post by shortbloke »

I keep forgetting them pics! Will get me butt in gear tonight and take a few snaps. ...I've been waiting for a nice sunny day you see... :|

shortbloke

Post by shortbloke »

Heres a couple of pics of the finished product, I wouldnt have gone down this road if it wasnt for the already huge hole cut into the top of the dash.
But after scrapping the idea of using the custom balsa wood mount I started to make, I went for the up-turned "under dash" stereo mount, the hole was so big I needed to add a couple of bits of steel either side to cover the rest of the hole and used these for the fittings via a couple of rivits. I pretty pleased with it, much better than just a big hole!! :D