Is black paint really that bad for showing imperfections?

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Clive51

Re: Is black paint really that bad for showing imperfections?

Post by Clive51 »

Yeah, was slightly worried about the 'bling' look, I'm thinking about loosing the tints when I replace the window rubbers which should make a difference.

lowskeys
80-90 Mem No: 5940

Post by lowskeys »

Clive51 wrote:I rollered mine in black a couple of months ago - I've only completed 1 coat so far, I'm still planning on flatting back and doing 2 others but was running out of time before my holiday so had to get the interior sorted.

It does show up imperfections on a close inspection, but anything from about a meter away it looks great. Rustoleum gloss black on the bus, matt on the wheels.

Thing is, I'm now thinking its a bit too black :D

I love sennen
Low and Be Old

80 Pop Top Westy

nedfaux

Post by nedfaux »

dont rule out matt black it looks really good if its done properly the top of your bus looks in good nik if your just spraying the bottom section it wont look like your trying to hide something even if you are.

T3 Taz
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by T3 Taz »

blacks the way to go :)

sorry for my lack of knowledge....what do you mean by rollered? painted with a roller???

yea i have a T3, and im gonna paint it black...im deciding between gloss and matte. Aparantly matte is easier...less coats or somthin

72BUG
80-90 Mem No: 7393

Post by 72BUG »

T3 Taz wrote:blacks the way to go :)

sorry for my lack of knowledge....what do you mean by rollered? painted with a roller???

yea i have a T3, and im gonna paint it black...im deciding between gloss and matte. Aparantly matte is easier...less coats or somthin
Look in the Wiki. Up there ^

Click on number 13 then read up on rollering. Looks like the way to go.

Martin
Martin.

Diesel is an engine not a fuel.

I liked camping so much I went full time.