Hard wired Dashboard

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Hard wired Dashboard

Post by CovKid »

Thanks AngeloEvs for giving me the heads up on this thread - hadn't noticed it before.

I think for now I'll stick with veroboard but I like the conversion to an ATX power supply plug and socket as it gives all those extra connections, even if its not entirely concours. I think I'll concentrate on building a new dash from scratch. Few options out there but how on earth would you get a digital milometer to work in a T25?
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

If the speedo is mechanical then the interface for the milometer is probably in the dash. Think the Scuby boys have to do this, I think (but may be wrong) they use an interface that converts the speedo cable to pulses for the engine management system so theoretically ............. :D
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

VWCamperfan
80-90 Mem No: 4000

Post by VWCamperfan »

I have installed a Digifiz dash in mine and the whole thing is ditital including the speedo. For that I had to get a speed sensor from an old golf. They are located on the top of the geard drive that inserts into the gearbox. All I had to do then was connect it onto the loose end of the speedo cable behind the dash fia a sleeve to fit over the two ends that rotate and secure the body of the sensor and the cable together. It's a bit of a lash up at the moment as I was only in the testing stages when I put it together but it all works fine and will be making up a proper bracket and fitting for it now I know it's all ok.
Mark.

I'm Not A Complete Idiot... Some Bits Are Missing!

1.6 Modified CT engine.