Lowering

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

owlets

Lowering

Post by owlets »

Going to get my van lowered, looking at a 45mm drop using the springs from Just Kampers. Question is, am I getting the best piece of kit and should I get the dampers changed too?

TechtroT25
80-90 Mem No: 2115

lowering

Post by TechtroT25 »

Have a word with jokerdub on here i got a full 60mm kit off him for a cracking price made a huge difference to the ride and handling best move i have made Stef :lol:
Techtrot25 the pissead formaly known a Stef998 back in the wallet draining world of t25 ownership

owlets

Post by owlets »

Not sure I want to take it down that far, 45mm is nice without sacrificing too much in the way of damping. The camper interior rattles too much as it is!

TechtroT25
80-90 Mem No: 2115

lowering

Post by TechtroT25 »

If you drop it 60mm with shocks and springs i think you will be pleasantly surprised with the ride the van i have is a converted caravelle and seems to have quietened down with the clunks bangs and rattled as i said it rides a damn site better than with the standard setup 8)
Techtrot25 the pissead formaly known a Stef998 back in the wallet draining world of t25 ownership

Simon Baxter
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1

Post by Simon Baxter »

I can supply you a 45mm lowering kit with adjustable shockers for £350.
'86 VW T3 syncro panel
'89 VW T3 Westy Atlantic
'81 Porsche 924
SJ Baxter LTD/Brickwerks

owlets

Post by owlets »

Have seen them on your site Simon, do I need replace the shocks even though I only want to drop it 45mm? Been doing some research and it seems as though a 45mm drop should require a shock change.

southcoastwesty
80-90 Mem No: 2259

Post by southcoastwesty »

I had the jk 45 mm springs fitted to my van a couple of months ago, very pleased with the result. The handling round corners and in side winds is much improved. I did have the same dilema of the 60/45 thing and whether you should put in shortened shox, everyone seems to have a different opinion to what is right. I also had the top suspension bushes done at the same, so its all solid and squeak free now. Try putting some some small strips of thin foam tape on the backs of your cupboard doors, this should stop some of the rattles! did on mine anyway

owlets

Post by owlets »

southcoastwesty wrote:I had the jk 45 mm springs fitted to my van a couple of months ago, very pleased with the result. The handling round corners and in side winds is much improved. I did have the same dilema of the 60/45 thing and whether you should put in shortened shox, everyone seems to have a different opinion to what is right. I also had the top suspension bushes done at the same, so its all solid and squeak free now. Try putting some some small strips of thin foam tape on the backs of your cupboard doors, this should stop some of the rattles! did on mine anyway

I'm having some bushes replaced too, did you go for the shortend shocks in the end?