Pictures of speaker conection,sound proofing and speaker pod

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

donkey
80-90 Mem No: 3394

Pictures of speaker conection,sound proofing and speaker pod

Post by donkey »

Hi all,
As promised last week pictures of where to feed the cable to connect door speakers.

Used the hole that was all ready there so no drilling required. The hole is behind the glove box. (There are two to choose from next to each other).

You need to drill a hole in the air duct then use a rubber grommet to cover the sharp edges before feeding the cable into the door. I used a 3/8" drill a grommet to suit. You can drill the holes without removing the doors (If you do not use a grommet the sharp edge will cut through the cable in time).

Drilled hole in such a possition that when the steering cover is on you cannot see the cable.

Pictures of sound proofing in doors and cab floor.

Pictures of speaker pods, the tweeters have not been fitted yet. The speakers are Fly 8" components powered by a Philips dap amp.

I hope the pictures come through as I have spent two hours trying to work out how you transfer them !!!!.. :?
Hope this is of some help when trying to fit a sound system in your T25
:lol:
Steve
Last edited by donkey on 13 May 2007, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.

Vash
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Vash »

Thanks for the pics mate, I think you need to link the location instead of the address like this

donkey

Post by donkey »

Hi,
You say I need the location instead of the address, but how do I find the location????????????????????????????????????
I am so confused???
Thanks to anyone who can help me..
:D :?:

owlets

Post by owlets »

Have a word with the Steve/Stephen/Steven (goes by the name of Mocki on here) and get the photo's uploaded to the Wiki

andygti39

Post by andygti39 »

i use www.photobucket.com and its spot on for posting pics

donkey

Post by donkey »

Cheers dudes for your help, I finally worked it out by using photobucket.com
Steve

garyd
80-90 Mem No: 2934

Post by garyd »

Steve,
thanks for the wiring pictures - definitely useful.

What is the soundproofing material you have used? Can you say how much and where from? Does it make a noticeably difference?

thanks
Gary

andygti39

Post by andygti39 »

donkey wrote:Cheers dudes for your help, I finally worked it out by using photobucket.com
Steve

no probs m8, cool pics

donkey

Post by donkey »

Hi Gary,
I bought the sound proofing off ebay, it was £65 including postage for 50Sq Ft. That is enough to do both front doors, the cab floor and the sliding door with some left over. The doors have two layers of sound proofing.
It is made from a tar like material on one side which is sticky and the other is foil backed. In hot weather you can just stick it onto the surface once it is clean, in colder weather you can use a heat gun. The good thing about this proofing is that it moulds into every crease of the body work and stays like it and is the best sound proofing material I have used. I used a small roller to make sure it was down firmly.
It does make a big differance, when you are on the outside of the van and you tap the pannels they are very tinny but the sound proofed doors have a solid sound and the road noise is reduced.
This is the sellers name on ebay I bought the sound proofing off. You can buy it in any size from him.
car_audio_installations

Steve