vwspeedshop exhaust

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

lloyd
80-90 Mem No: 3244

Re: vwspeedshop exhaust

Post by lloyd »

Cruz wrote:
I have mailed with no reply as well as trying to ring with no answer

Cheers
Cruz
Think you questioned your own question. :wink:
88 1.9 gassed w/Westy conversion & Reimo topper

MOBS

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

Pretty "pooh" then?

lloyd
80-90 Mem No: 3244

Post by lloyd »

Warrenty can promise the moon, but if you can't contact, well...... :run

I'm still waiting on Ox sensor bung for mine... been a couple of years now.
88 1.9 gassed w/Westy conversion & Reimo topper

MOBS

mike_gee32
80-90 Mem No: 455

Post by mike_gee32 »

mmmm, got back from holiday a few weeks ago and found the bracket that holds the silencer to the rest of the exhaust has broken (seems to be a bt of a pattern emerging here) sent a message via the web site contact form, not had a reply yet, been ill myself so haven't chased it, will try to phone themtomorrow and I'll update on the response.
Member no. 455

fairwynds
80-90 Mem No: 3288

Post by fairwynds »

junior wrote:Hi Mike, i bought and fitted this exhaust 8 months ago very pleased so far ,as mentioned it is louder than stock.
i also had the silencer support fail ,had this welded back up

One thing i did do was to design and have made some brackets to take the weight of the system that uses the normal mounting
points either side of the crank pulley as these are not in this kit which i think should be ,im sure someone else on here has got this exhaust
and done the same thing.

on the plus side the fit of parts was very good ,there is a power increase and it wont rust .now thats a good thing :D

Junior - could you please post some pics of the brackets.....? Would be a real help.
With all these ppl saying the silencer support bracket supplied by VW Speedshop failed, I wounder if they have yet uprated it?
FW
1.9 DG Bilbos 'Arragon' Hitop LPG'd by Gasure
1.9 TDi Golf Mk4 Estate
Member no 3288

pionte
80-90 Mem No: 8209

Post by pionte »

Well I will cross them of my list then, If they have a known weak point in their system that fails within a year and they cant be bothered to answer e-mails then I will take my hard earned cash somewhere else!

I seem to be different to most people in wanting an exhaust to sound louder..... I love the sound of the boxer engine and want to hear it 8)
2.5 Quad Cam Scooby engine . Westfalia California 1989

Cruz

Post by Cruz »

mike_gee32 wrote:mmmm, got back from holiday a few weeks ago and found the bracket that holds the silencer to the rest of the exhaust has broken (seems to be a bt of a pattern emerging here) sent a message via the web site contact form, not had a reply yet, been ill myself so haven't chased it, will try to phone themtomorrow and I'll update on the response.
Any reply?

fairwynds

Post by fairwynds »

Ordered on Wednesday, arrived Saturday, fitted a treat (my old m/s JK early system was already off, with no 'stud issues' :) ) Lovely look, fantastic sound, probably quieter than JKs? Certainly not a 'loud' system at all. Will have to see how she runs...... Verdict so far - well worth the money.
1.9 TDi Golf Mk4 Estate
Member no 3288

RedSquirrel
80-90 Mem No: 1276

Post by RedSquirrel »

Keep an eye on the tightness of the Lambda plug (if that's what it's called). I lost mine in Paris after tightening it up at least 3 times. Luckily the boys from the French equivalent of Halfords found it was the same size as the sump plug from a Citroen (IIRC). This has been in place ever since (over a year now).
1989 VW T25 Holdsworth Villa 3

It's got a VW motor, a 116.8 cubic inch plant, Michelin tyres, VW suspension, VW shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new RedSquirrel bus or what?

Cruz

Post by Cruz »

Can it not be bonded in?

fairwynds

Post by fairwynds »

Cruz wrote:Can it not be bonded in?

not if i wanna take it out again - viz Silverbullet's lambda LPG thingy :ok

..and cheers Redsquirrel... I'll probably take it out and get a 'spare' BEFORE I lose it !! :lol:

Update on the system - blooming marvellous, thus far...! Seems to drive much smoother now, and sounds lovely, and not, as was suspected, loud at all (am running standard carb)...
1.9 TDi Golf Mk4 Estate
Member no 3288

Cruz

Post by Cruz »

Good to hear it

You are making me regret going down the late exhaust route. But then again I need my engine mounts changing so fitting the later engine mount bracket will be part of that job.......

fairwynds

Post by fairwynds »

Cruz wrote:Good to hear it

You are making me regret going down the late exhaust route. But then again I need my engine mounts changing so fitting the later engine mount bracket will be part of that job.......

No, dont regret that route matey - the Brickwerks one still ticks ALL the boxes for folks here, but as I was pushed for time.... :lol:

I am going to get the late engine cradle anyway, as they will only get more scarce over the years and that will give me options should I ever need to change/regret the Speedshop system. Fingers crossed at the moment though (people in my road think Im a little odd, as I keep having to peek under the vans rear to admire the shiney bits!! :mrgreen: )
1.9 TDi Golf Mk4 Estate
Member no 3288

Cruz

Post by Cruz »

[quote="fairwyndsI am going to get the late engine cradle anyway[/quote]
I think I sent you a pm about a brickie member who had one? I'm sure I did.

Don't forget the longer bolts for it as well as 2nd hand silencer brackets and straps (though they are available in stainless from brickwerks)