engine conversion.

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jmk2g40
80-90 Mem No: 0

engine conversion.

Post by jmk2g40 »

Hi there everyone am a newby on here. I have owned a T25 for about 2 months now its a 1982 X plate engine code CT 1.6 Aircooled, was a panal van but has been converted to a camper with a rock and roll bed. Love it so much room went to Bugjam in it, and have plenty of other things planned. Anyway I was wondering if anyone could advise me on what diesel engine to buy. Lots on offer I am thinking of mk3 golf diesel. AHU I had in my old mk3 golf. Are the conversions easyish to do. Is it easier to just buy a complete car, can I use the golf gearbox. Any suggestions please thanks Jay..

I was advised to post on here so thanks.

Oh by the way It looks like it was a water cooled from new. as It has the small grill under the head lights for the rad. Anyone on here done a diesel conversion and what engine did they use and gearbox. speed and MPG would be great to hear thanks a lot folkes. and happy camping..

Cableguy
80-90 Mem No: 8585

Re: engine conversion.

Post by Cableguy »

There's loads of info in the wiki above.