skoda octavia 1.9td

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

kap
80-90 Mem No: 9086

skoda octavia 1.9td

Post by kap »

I was just considering posibly putting a petrol engine in when my 1y is tired for more horse then I thought...our skoda is 90bhp and averages 60mpg!. I dont expect the economy to be the same in a bus but Im sure it would be better than petrol. I know there are 110bhp and 130bhp models and all can be mapped(chipped) . Anyway my question is have any of you considerd or done this conversion? :)
Sounds like a golf

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Re: skoda octavia 1.9td

Post by kevtherev »

Good question
but you might want to ask it in the alternative engine forum..
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

kap
80-90 Mem No: 9086

Post by kap »

:oops: cheers kev. That took quite a while to type all that on this naff phone. Maybe the very busy but kind mods may move it for me as I cant delete it :ok
Sounds like a golf

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

1.9TD VW lumps are a popular choice, ie AAZ as are TDi but to get the best out of the TDi you need to change the gearing as they don't rev as high as the original engines, but lots of peeps have done it