AAZ, Am i missing something?

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ringo
80-90 Mem No: 1375

Re: AAZ, Am i missing something?

Post by ringo »

I would be checking the timing with a DTI gauge to ensure its spot on Nige.

If you want to borrow the bits and you dont mind coming to Cambridge to pick and drop them off then let me know - i'll be in the same place as i met you before Tues - Thurs.

Ringo
Now driving a big bad VW LT Florida.

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

Essex Nige wrote:
jed the spread wrote:Nige, is it abit more shuddery in forth gear ?

jed

I wouldn't say shuddery, just labours with a little viberation and not all the time, just while your trying to accelerate

Nige

Mine is slightly like that since I changed my head gasket, I believe its due to pump timing not being spot on. I am getting Russel to fine tune it next weekend hopefully so will let you know.

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

Essex Nige
80-90 Mem No: 5870

Post by Essex Nige »

New head gasket going in today :ok

Ringo thanks for the offer, tbh i wouldn't know what to do with it :rofl

Jed let me know how it goes with the tuning as thats the route i'm going to go down once ive made sure the head gasket is my problem...

will post later to let you know how i get on :ok
1988 syncro 1.9 AAZ, 1984 Doka 1.9 1Y, 1980 Aircooled camper 1.6CT (resting)

Syncronaut Member: 149 :D

"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another..."- Luciano de Crescenzo

camper
80-90 Mem No: 1710

Post by camper »

Question did you have the cylinder head skimmed when you replaced the head gasket for the GSF three notch/hole one?.Not trying to confuse matters or no it all but Cylinder head reconditioners when a head is skimmed for safety replace with three notch/hole in case of valve interference.Or was it a case of only replacing the head gasket without a skim

Essex Nige
80-90 Mem No: 5870

Post by Essex Nige »

camper wrote:Question did you have the cylinder head skimmed when you replaced the head gasket for the GSF three notch/hole one?.Not trying to confuse matters or no it all but Cylinder head reconditioners when a head is skimmed for safety replace with three notch/hole in case of valve interference.Or was it a case of only replacing the head gasket without a skim

It was just a replace without skim, i thought as it hadn't over heated i wouldn't bother.

its all back together but you'll have to wait for an update, its running but the copper washer from the turbo oilfeed must have slipped out as its now leaking quite heavily so got to wait till tomorrow to sort it... starts and runs great but the test will be on the road :ok
1988 syncro 1.9 AAZ, 1984 Doka 1.9 1Y, 1980 Aircooled camper 1.6CT (resting)

Syncronaut Member: 149 :D

"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another..."- Luciano de Crescenzo

camper
80-90 Mem No: 1710

Post by camper »

Hope all goes well for changing the head gasket and getting the engine performance on the road test good luck.