ENGINE BLOWN

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

heatonwhite
80-90 Mem No: 9047

ENGINE BLOWN

Post by heatonwhite »

just blown my 1.7 diesel engine, been offered a 1.9d (1999), was wondering if the derv pump is interchangeable?, the new one is coded pump(AGD), but my old one is the old type with just a solenoid.
any feedback will be gratefully recieved

regards dave

langb20
80-90 Mem No: 9567

Re: ENGINE BLOWN

Post by langb20 »

I don't think an AGD code engine has the same block - so the bellhousing won't line up, best check that first
'82 TDI project camper
'85 AAZ Panel daily drive

heatonwhite

Post by heatonwhite »

the engine that as blown is a code KY, not sure if it had been modified but it as a wire coming out of the back of the diesel pump and as a throttle cable(non ecu) is the any engine that will do the same job
regards

ewenmaclean
80-90 Mem No: 7306

Post by ewenmaclean »

Hello,

if you're wanting the easiest replacement for a 1.7 n/a, I'd suggest a 1Y or AEF - have a look at the recent posts on here by weldore for example - he's one of many that know a lot about this. Putting a tdi in would require lots of time and money and changes, and as Brent says the AGD won't line up to the standard bellhousing. Are you planning on doing this work yourself?

"Wires" on the pump by the way will be the cold start advance cable and the fuel cut off solenoid wire. The electronic tdi pumps are very different that the mechanical pumps for the 1.7 and 1.9 as they require much higher pressure - that's why there's so much expertise in making mechanical pumps work for the tdi.

Ewen

heatonwhite

Post by heatonwhite »

VW CADDY / SEAT INCA 1997 1.9 DIESEL ENGINE ( CODE 1Y )
found this for sale will this fit

ewenmaclean
80-90 Mem No: 7306

Post by ewenmaclean »

Hello,

yes - that'll fit, but check the other 1Y posts on here about what other bits are needed - there's a great and informative post here:

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=73863" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

heatonwhite

Post by heatonwhite »

thx ewen thats just whats needed