The pull of the dark side, 5 cylinders...

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Stick with petrol/lpg or admit defeat and go diesel?

Total votes: 0

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: The pull of the dark side, 5 cylinders...

Post by Aidan »

old diesel syncro :shock:
:lol:

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

A bit of wheel cleaner and some scotchbrite that'll shine up nicely! Not so sure about the lpg install though...what that needs is a proper dual map conversion :wink:
(big power resistors needed on low-impedance 3 ohm lpg injectors, to keep the ecu happy, apparently)
Awww crap...I really like the idea of that. I wonder if the 2.6 crank will go in it :pimp

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Post by ..lee.. »

i have no idea but its comming out once the 16" is done. well spotted mr.T. was deisel rhd. been fitted with no petrol option only gas. :shock: .

i`ve driven it once on the road and it was nice, sounds awsome. just not what i need.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

pm for you Lee

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Post by ELVIS »

I was alluding to vaporiser being orientated 90' out

you got more pics of Doka Lee? :ok

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Good point Elvis! Someone signed that installation off (or maybe it never was?)

Baldwelder
80-90 Mem No: 9806

Post by Baldwelder »

Interesting read - I`m a complete newbie to all things 4wheels, my last ride was a rip snorting 1200 bandit
I`m running a 1.6td putting out about `quicker to walk` and smoking like a rasta so I`m looking to improve performance.
As it seems to be the engine toujour - fitted to just about everything including a twin turbo one in a mini... I`m wondering if anybody has tried fitting a GSX1330R Hayabusa engine to one of t3?
And as an aside mentioned a few times in threads is `claiming the vat back` what is that about? It would be nice to get something back of the leeches :shady
Regular naps prevent old age..... especially if you take them while driving.

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Baldwelder wrote:As it seems to be the engine toujour - fitted to just about everything including a twin turbo one in a mini... I`m wondering if anybody has tried fitting a GSX1330R Hayabusa engine to one of t3?
And as an aside mentioned a few times in threads is `claiming the vat back` what is that about? It would be nice to get something back of the leeches :shady
M'bike engines in very light small cars and specials is ok but they aren't going to like trying to push 2000kg of brick along with a lot of rolling resistance, when originally designed for a load of around 300kg (?) and only two tyres.
Forget it, it's not an option just like Mazda rotaries...all revs, no torque.
P.S. We don't talk about I.R. and fuel tax "recovery" through totally legitimate business expenditure now, do we...

Baldwelder
80-90 Mem No: 9806

Post by Baldwelder »

M'bike engines in very light small cars and specials is ok but they aren't going to like trying to push 2000kg of brick along with a lot of rolling resistance, when originally designed for a load of around 300kg (?) and only two tyres.
Forget it, it's not an option just like Mazda rotaries...all revs, no torque.
point taken, it was a shot in the dark cuz i know where i can get my grubby mitts on one.

We don't talk about I.R. and fuel tax "recovery" through totally legitimate business expenditure now, do we
no, not the done thing, tsk tsk :wink:
Regular naps prevent old age..... especially if you take them while driving.