HELP WITH TDI INSTALL (1z engine?)

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

kingcreaky
80-90 Mem No: 9722

Re: HELP WITH TDI INSTALL (1z engine?)

Post by kingcreaky »

:D

yes im 100% sure there is fresh diesel in the tank (i drained in, filled it and blew the line out with airline)

Ive primed up to the injector pump using the manual pump on the filter housing. and Im getting diesel move through the line (ive used a bit of transparent to see) when the engine is turning over, if I open the fuel-return join i get diesel out of there when I pump, or turn engine over

ewenmaclean
80-90 Mem No: 7306

Post by ewenmaclean »

Hello,

ok - good info thanks - just a sanity check. I'd check all the black/yellow wires have power when you think the 109 relay is activated, and I'd also check that pin 38 has power, although 42 shouldn't really provide earth without that having an ignition feed. Other than that I'm afraid it's just testing all the wires against the intended behaviour from that pdf.

Ewen

kingcreaky
80-90 Mem No: 9722

Post by kingcreaky »

good news its running!. I put voltmeter on the diesel cut off valve, it wasnt live when ignition was on... so I traced cable back to big round connector and it was live before it went into the connector.. so i rammed connector on better. started first time!!! thanks to all for all your help its much appreciated. I intend to document my findings for future people doing the same as I

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

Happy dayz :D
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Post by ELVIS »

when you tidy/sort loom the pins/crimps you want are called 'junior timer', easy enough to get hold of.