golf gti of subaru?

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Re: golf gti of subaru?

Post by ghost123uk »

mrhutch wrote:easiest to start with a diesel - the 2E bolts straight in with a small tickle on the area above the nearside chassis rail..

Couple of questions for posterity (and to aid my learning curve !)

1 = Which fuelling system does a 2E have ?

2 = Out of the 1.8 Ltr engines such as Scirocco / Golf / Passat / Jetta

EX or RH etc types = Carb
and
DX or KR type = K-Jet,

which goes in easiest ? (thinking of manifolds & carb here Versa the K-Jet gear).
Last edited by ghost123uk on 07 Jun 2011, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

mrhutch
80-90 Mem No: 2698

Post by mrhutch »

2E uses digifant Fuel Injection

you therefore need the loom from the donor car and also to weld a lambda boss into the exhaust

For the 1.8's you will have difficulty using any carb'd version as the manifold will sit at the wrong angle, and therefore the carb will also sit at the wrong angle = float will not work

Both digifant and k-jet are really simple FI systems and far better than a carb
1981 Vanagon Westy Burning oil as fuel...  

ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

mrhutch wrote:2E uses digifant Fuel Injection

you therefore need the loom from the donor car and also to weld a lambda boss into the exhaust

For the 1.8's you will have difficulty using any carb'd version as the manifold will sit at the wrong angle, and therefore the carb will also sit at the wrong angle = float will not work

Both digifant and k-jet are really simple FI systems and far better than a carb

Ta for that - confirms what I thought re carbe'd engines from reading the above posts and some on Brickwerks :ok
Pretty familiar with the K-Jet Scirocco having owned a nice black GTX for many years :)
Rabbiting here as if I ever need a new power plant (hopefully not) I will be going down this (1.8Ltr K-Jet) route.

Hey Mr Hutch, how about posting a pic of your engine bay :ok
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

'GHOSTWHEEL'
80-90 Mem No: 9537

Post by 'GHOSTWHEEL' »

mrhutch wrote:also remember if you're starting from a PETROL van then you've a load of diesel parts to collect - bellhousing/sump/starter/h20 pipes
Are these parts easy to find/expensive. Thinking about getting them now and get some one to do the conversion for me next year.
Check out my DJ mixes.
http://www.mixcloud.com/LiminalClass/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

'GHOSTWHEEL' wrote:
mrhutch wrote:also remember if you're starting from a PETROL van then you've a load of diesel parts to collect - bellhousing/sump/starter/h20 pipes
Are these parts easy to find/expensive. Thinking about getting them now and get some one to do the conversion for me next year.

From what I have seen the bits you need from a Diesel T25 should not be hard to come by.

There are several folks on here that break T25's for spares (Billy739 near Gloucester comes to mind) and if you put a "wanted Ad" in our wanted section they will likely see it :) (or contact billy739 etc directly of course) -

Also worth checking out breakers and even using those UK wide websites that many vehicle breakers use, where you can post up what you are looking for = "VW T25 / T3 Diesel van wanted for spares - body and engine condition not important" = you might finish up making a profit out of the bits you don't need !

Good luck and keep us informed as to how it goes.

'GHOSTWHEEL'
80-90 Mem No: 9537

Post by 'GHOSTWHEEL' »

ghost123uk wrote:
'GHOSTWHEEL' wrote:

Thanks will do some searching. What about the VW shows be a good excuse to go to some too..
:ok
Check out my DJ mixes.
http://www.mixcloud.com/LiminalClass/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;