Skoda Octiva ASV engine

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Whitevanman
80-90 Mem No: 12492

Skoda Octiva ASV engine

Post by Whitevanman »

Hi, I am looking at engine upgrades for my T25. My brother has a 2000 Skoda Octiva with a 1.9TDI 110bhp engine. Looking up the VIN number I think its an ASV engine. I think this is a later TDI and I will have to fabricate engine mounts if I use it. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Thanks

big red bus
80-90 Mem No: 3421

Re: Skoda Octiva ASV engine

Post by big red bus »

Yep and also won't fit the standard diesel bell housing. need an adaptor plate or some thing as they have different stud patterns than the pre 98 vw group in line engines.

Whitevanman
80-90 Mem No: 12492

Post by Whitevanman »

Thanks for the info. I have got a Renualt UN1 gearbox that also needs an adaptor plate to fit the VW bell housing. However, another way to go may be to use the Renault clutch and bellhousing and have an adaptor plate made up to the ASV engine. If I use the cluth from a Renault 21 turbo or Alpine turbo it should cope with the torque of a TDI

Has anyone done this before?

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

Talk to Tim at Ultimate engineering he's doing TDi installs and UN1 stuff so should be able to advise