1y dipstick

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

kit
80-90 Mem No: 4170

1y dipstick

Post by kit »

I have looked honest, but does anyone have any tips on removing the tube and fitting the slimmer CS dipstick, the engine is fitted so no chance of getting to it from below. Would cutting the tube just up from the block and forcing the CS tube into it work?
1y Tin top rust collector.

kit
80-90 Mem No: 4170

Re: 1y dipstick

Post by kit »

OK if anyone is interested, tried to remove the 1y tube but it was well stuck it looked as though someone may have used liquid metal at some point so I ended up cutting it about 6 inches (150mm) from the block then I cut the thiner CS tube and sheathed them both with a length of fuel pipe tightened them together with jubilee clips and bolted the top of the CS tube where it was originally, filled the engine with oil 4.5 litres of oil and marked the dipstick and the job is a good un. :D :D
1y Tin top rust collector.