I wonder.. Hybrid petrol(lrp) - electric

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Si_P
80-90 Mem No: 8751

Re: I wonder.. Hybrid petrol(lrp) - electric

Post by Si_P »

Nothings simple. The idea of brake failure resulting from this type of install would put me off for sure.

I think solar cells will be on the high price side also.

The payback time would be significant. I think this mod would be done because you can rather than to save money.
1.7d Holdsworth Villa 3 pop top 1987

little by little I am learning how she works

MrBeard

Post by MrBeard »

Si_P wrote:Nothings simple. The idea of brake failure resulting from this type of install would put me off for sure.

I think solar cells will be on the high price side also.

The payback time would be significant. I think this mod would be done because you can rather than to save money.

The Solar is going in anyway, irrespective of the hybrid project.
I do understand that the payback time may be a while, on the other hand. with LPG I costs me 2/3rd the cost of a petrol journey, if I can add 20% miles t that this means that even on LPG prices I am saving £4 per 100miles. ones years careful driving of 6500 miles = £260, So I reckon 2 years it's paid for itself.
Without LPG, year and half or less payback time!

Still think it's not worth it?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1986 C reg, 1.9 Waterboxer (DG engine) Petrol with LPG. Classic Car 20/50 Mineral oil.
Hightop (white), campervan in British Racing Green.
:- )##~

MrBeard

Post by MrBeard »

If I include the cost of the Solar Panels on the roof, then maybe another year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1986 C reg, 1.9 Waterboxer (DG engine) Petrol with LPG. Classic Car 20/50 Mineral oil.
Hightop (white), campervan in British Racing Green.
:- )##~